Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

KanyeWestFan2.0
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jun 2017, 3:48 pm

Today, I went to my local bank to get out 100$ to send to my grandma in Mexico and when I went over there. I was feeling good about myself because I like to dress good and I was dressing good but once I went up the pretty teller, my Aspergers took full effect and I was talking low,I was nervous etc. which reminded me again that it doesn't matter how nice I look or how good I feel. Aspergers will always be there waiting to strike and it sucks

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2017, 4:46 pm

Wallowing in self-pity will not solve anything for you.

TheWarrior
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2017, 5:04 pm

I've been through.
You're there, all confident, and then when you get to interact with someone things just go all wrong.

Life is hard.

KanyeWestFan2.0
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jun 2017, 5:07 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

Agree, which is why I don't do it

weakbody
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2017, 10:21 am

KanyeWestFan2.0 wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

Agree, which is why I don't do it

Rekt

fselzr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 11:27 am

You have to become more conscious, then nothing will be a problem

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:17 pm

You seem to be focused one just one, social interaction, with one person. What was her shift.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:20 pm

KanyeWestFan2.0 wrote:
Aspergers will always be there waiting to strike and it sucks

Well, yes, and the sky will always be there waiting to rain on you, but it won't always happen.

I find that Chamomile capsules and Valerian Root capsules both help me with anxiety. I sometimes take them when I'm preparing to go out and deal with the public. Both are effective - to my system, the Valerian Root is considerably stronger, almost like a pharmaceutical.

Chamomile
is milder (I take 2 capsules at a time), but still calming, though I find it best not to take it on an empty stomach. Take either about 20-30 minutes before you leave the house and it will help you avoid anxiety attacks and stay focused. You can also get Chamomile in tea form, but if you do, make it very strong.

If you have problems with long-term chronic depression, try Turmeric capsules. I've been taking them for about 2 years now and the difference is striking. It's not a "happy pill," but it does significantly reduce the deepest sort of suicidal despair and keep me emotionally stabilized.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:33 pm

That is why they call it a Pervasive Developmental Disorder. What one can do is work with it and around it. This works if done correctly but is is difficult to learn how to this.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 1:44 pm

First of all, you cannot and will never be able to escape your Aspergers. And you actually shouldn't. Interactions like those are considered normal, but for us they require practice. What has been given to NTs as a pre-installed feature we have to work hard for. It may take years or even decades until you can somehow grasp the peculiarities of the NT-world, but that should not discourage you. Keep practicing. I am 31 and i still have a lot to learn when it comes to human interaction, social conventions, etc. I can read and instantly comprehend text books about any topic of any field, but i cannot seem to decipher the NT-code.

It may sound like a lazy approach to you, but this is where you have to turn your weaknesses into strengths.

If you feel nervous about interaction, then don't look people directly in the eye, but pretend to do so by looking at a point in the room right behind said person. This way you don't get nervous and get the chance to decipher the information you have just received. If you cannot do this, then try to find a fidget toy that you can use to keep your fingers busy while the interaction is happening.
Also try to describe your problems in a simple way in order to not confuse the NT. In the NT-world, the easiest approach is still the best one.