Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 1:42 pm

Do people here that work ever called in sick? I don't know why people can call in pretending to be sick? I know having a job can be hard.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2017, 11:33 pm

I called in sick for two different things at one of my jobs. The 1st time was because I had a sinus infection that was probably caused by my working environment & I was out for a week. The 2nd time was because I cut the bottom of my heel open at home by stepping on a axle for out laundry cart. I had to get stitches & I was on my feet the whole time I was working. I took off two weeks & two weeks was the maximum time I could miss without taking a leave of absence. I did enjoy my time off & I went to the movies the 2nd week from my 2nd time out but I really needed the time off for both those things. I worked pretty hard when I was working & averaging over 55 hours a week when I was allowed to make overtime & I was working overtime before & after both times I was out.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 12:42 am

I have two, paid jobs and one, volunteer job, and, I have in fact, taken a day off, when I wasn't actually sick, due to experiencing the worst anxiety attack of my life, the previous day. That was slightly more than a year, ago. I have a two week paid vacation coming up, next month and I am very much, looking forward to it, to say the least, because I am extremely, tired and I need to rest. I will be traveling for most of that time, but, I think, simply taking time off, from the day to day grind, will help me recharge in multiple ways. Hi Kitty and Nick, by the way. Nick, I work approximately, 55 hours per week, as well. I hope your foot healed well, and your employer fixed whatever gave you the sinus infection!

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 12:46 am

Most employers don't call it sick days anymore, but PTO (Paid Time Off)... If it's use it or loose it. I will use it, I don't care if I am sick or not.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2017, 12:51 am

Britte wrote:
I have two, paid jobs and one, volunteer job, and, I have in fact, taken a day off, when I wasn't actually sick, due to experiencing the worst anxiety attack of my life, the previous day. That was slightly more than a year, ago. I have a two week paid vacation coming up, next month and I am very much, looking forward to it, to say the least, because I am extremely, tired and I need to rest. I will be traveling for most of that time, but, I think, simply taking time off, from the day to day grind, will help me recharge in multiple ways. Hi Kitty and Nick, by the way. Nick, I work approximately, 55 hours per week, as well. I hope your foot healed well, and your employer fixed whatever gave you the sinus infection!
Your working alot of jobs. I probably would of called in sick the day after a bad anxiety attack too.
My foot was fine a few weeks later. They fixed it. Things were screwed up because of a remodel. I think someone or a couple people talked to my manager & he quit pulling me off as much after I was back a couple days. He let me do the stuff I was supposed to be doing more which was better for my health. Thanx for your concern. That was years ago. i haven't worked sense 2008 & I'm on Social Security Disability now.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition