13 Russian nationals indicted for meddling in 2016 election

Page 9 of 25 [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 1:52 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
last time i checked it was $7k. I gather that most of the people who just can't afford the insurance fall within the 9.69% of income threshold. it is still the last resort to "go bare" because the minimum cost of the cheapest hospitalizations is somewhat north of $50k. a busted elbow cost me $53k. were it not for this particular rural hospital's poverty program, it woulda been bankruptcy for me. that is what we get for failing as a nation, to enact proper health care financing reform.

Yeah it's a shame. You know I'm not on some kind of conservative kill obamacare thing. I just want everyone, especially all the working class, to have sensible affordable healthcare.

That's it.. time for Canada to build a Southern border wall.

If millions of people start pouring in illegally, Canada might think that's not be such a bad idea. Although that would be a mighty long wall. Walling off the great leakes would be especially difficult.

We've already had this discussion. The reason the USA hasn't wanted to solve it's migrant Mexican labour "problem," is that it isn't a problem at all when they pay more in taxes than they take in services. The USA gains from those millions of illegals & that's why no one has bothered to solve a problem that doesn't need solving.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:34 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
last time i checked it was $7k. I gather that most of the people who just can't afford the insurance fall within the 9.69% of income threshold. it is still the last resort to "go bare" because the minimum cost of the cheapest hospitalizations is somewhat north of $50k. a busted elbow cost me $53k. were it not for this particular rural hospital's poverty program, it woulda been bankruptcy for me. that is what we get for failing as a nation, to enact proper health care financing reform.

Yeah it's a shame. You know I'm not on some kind of conservative kill obamacare thing. I just want everyone, especially all the working class, to have sensible affordable healthcare.

If millions of people start pouring in illegally, Canada might think that's not be such a bad idea. Although that would be a mighty long wall. Walling off the great leakes would be especially difficult.

We've already had this discussion. The reason the USA hasn't wanted to solve it's migrant Mexican labour "problem," is that it isn't a problem at all when they pay more in taxes than they take in services. The USA gains from those millions of illegals & that's why no one has bothered to solve a problem that doesn't need solving.

I wonder why then that pre-trump, the USA had 21 thousand border patrol agents (while saying that wasn't nearly enough) and had already erected 700 hundred miles of border fence and deported 2.5 million illegals - seems to me like they thought it was problem.

Fun fact: did you know President Obama was called "The Deporter in Chief" by immigration groups?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:50 am

Lintar wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It only looks like a farce through a conservative spectrum.

There are plenty of people saying the same thing who aren't wearing conservative tinted glasses. Personally I've been hungry for something in all of this to make me say holy s**t and start reaching for popcorn. I feel like the guy in that movie yelling, "show me the money!" or that crabby old lady asking "where's the beef?!". Do you really think I care if Trump fries? Just don't invite me to a barbeque when the coals keep going out while I'm starving for something to sink my teeth into.

LOL! This sums it up perfectly! :D :cheers: :salut: :hail: :wtg: :lmao:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:12 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I wonder why then that pre-trump, the USA had 21 thousand border patrol agents (while saying that wasn't nearly enough) and had already erected 700 hundred miles of border fence and deported 2.5 million illegals - seems to me like they thought it was problem.

Fun fact: did you know President Obama was called "The Deporter in Chief" by immigration groups?

Because there are still laws and there are still borders to protect from other people besides hard working farm labourers.. contraband and such, too. Also, the gov't needs to show it's citizens they're working to protect their borders vs. be blatantly transparent about the fact that they're allowing illegal migrant labour to make their richest people even richer. It's all a part of the smoke & mirrors of any government.

Those border patrol people really do want to protect the border just as much as cops want to serve and protet and fire fighters put out fires etc. But to a certain extent, the federal gov't allows illegals to come and work and pay taxes and further enrich American elites.

If the USA truly wanted a secure Southern border for a lot less money than an ineffective wall all they'd have to do is relocate several of their military training facilities all along the USA-Mexico border. They're already paying to train these people all over the country & the world.. why not just do it right along the imaginary line that they think is so unsecure and needs to be protected? Let them do training patrols 24/7 that actually accomplish something instead of just training for training's sake.

Maybe part of the reason they don't truly want a secure Southern border is because then Wall Street might suffer a severe cocaine shortage.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:32 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Because there are still laws and there are still borders to protect from other people besides hard working farm labourers.. contraband and such, too. Also, the gov't needs to show it's citizens they're working to protect their borders vs. be blatantly transparent about the fact that they're allowing illegal migrant labour to make their richest people even richer. It's all a part of the smoke & mirrors of any government.

Those border patrol people really do want to protect the border just as much as cops want to serve and protet and fire fighters put out fires etc. But to a certain extent, the federal gov't allows illegals to come and work and pay taxes and further enrich American elites.

Right. The 37 million legal immigrants we have aren't enough for that.

goldfish21 wrote:
If the USA truly wanted a secure Southern border for a lot less money than an ineffective wall all they'd have to do is relocate several of their military training facilities all along the USA-Mexico border. They're already paying to train these people all over the country & the world.. why not just do it right along the imaginary line that they think is so unsecure and needs to be protected? Let them do training patrols 24/7 that actually accomplish something instead of just training for training's sake.

Have you figured out all the details involved with that?

goldfish21 wrote:
Maybe part of the reason they don't truly want a secure Southern border is because then Wall Street might suffer a severe cocaine shortage.

Ah so the wall will keep out narcotics. Excellent.

I'm not really all that pro wall. But I do think the illegal immigration situation we have is a problem. I think our country has considered it to be a problem for a long time. And I think the vehement defending of people entering the country illegally instead of them just getting a green card is bleeding heart nonsense.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 3:52 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Right. The 37 million legal immigrants we have aren't enough for that.

goldfish21 wrote:

Have you figured out all the details involved with that?

goldfish21 wrote:

Ah so the wall will keep out narcotics. Excellent.

I'm not really all that pro wall. But I do think the illegal immigration situation we have is a problem. And I think the vehement defending of people entering the country illegally instead of just getting a green card, is bleeding heart nonsense.

USA only technically made slavery illegal many years ago.. they still pay ultra low wages to "illegals," overseas textile & manufacturing workers, as well as domestic prison labour. Illegals are part of the American culture of taking advantage of the disadvantaged in order to optimize profits & maintain "social order," in terms of hierarchy. True story.

It's not my job to figure out the details. I'm merely pointing out that if they really wanted to solve their none existent border security problems then they would. Hell, they'd do something about the demand for illegal labour, and the demand for drugs.

The wall won't keep narcotics out. You can't be serious. The wall is easily defeated by a ladder or a tunnel. Planes, boats, submarines, drones etc etc are all used to transport drugs. The black market drug trade is the third largest industry in world trade after energy & food. There's no stopping it.. especially in the USA where the demand side is so high with so many drug consumers of all social classes.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:11 am

goldfish21 wrote:
USA only technically made slavery illegal many years ago.. they still pay ultra low wages to "illegals," overseas textile & manufacturing workers, as well as domestic prison labour. Illegals are part of the American culture of taking advantage of the disadvantaged in order to optimize profits & maintain "social order," in terms of hierarchy. True story.

So you're shifting the goalpost from tax revenue, to profit from illegal sweatshop labor. And you don't think that's a problem the US has and it's something you're fighting to maintain?

goldfish21 wrote:
It's not my job to figure out the details. I'm merely pointing out that if they really wanted to solve their none existent border security problems then they would. Hell, they'd do something about the demand for illegal labour, and the demand for drugs.

Right, why bother to figure out the feasibility of a plan you came up with.

goldfish21 wrote:
The wall won't keep narcotics out. You can't be serious. The wall is easily defeated by a ladder or a tunnel. Planes, boats, submarines, drones etc etc are all used to transport drugs. The black market drug trade is the third largest industry in world trade after energy & food. There's no stopping it.. especially in the USA where the demand side is so high with so many drug consumers of all social classes.

You're the one who wrote that the wall might cause a severe drug shortage.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:17 am

i think he was being facetious.

a wall wouldn't stop a gopher, let alone an international, multibillion dollar drug and human trafficking syndicate.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:32 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

So you're shifting the goalpost from tax revenue, to profit from illegal sweatshop labor. And you don't think that's a problem the US has and it's something you're fighting to maintain?

goldfish21 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

You really think with all the resources available to the USA that they wouldn't have already solved their "problem" with cheap illegal labour if they wanted to? It hasn't been solved because too many people make too much money from it so it's not really a problem they want to solve. Whether tax revenues or profits for American businessmen, the success of the USA has always relied on cheap labour.

There's no need to crunch numbers for a very simple concept. They're already paying to train soldiers. Relocate the training facility so it serves a dual purpose and extracts further value out of their training vs. pay twice as many federal employees to accomplish the same task of creating a trained soldier & securing the border. Have you never expressed an idea without writing a 100 page report on the logistics of it? Jesus.

I never said anything about a border well causing a severe drug shortage. I said secure borders might do that.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:36 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i think he was being facetious.

a wall wouldn't stop a gopher, let alone an international, multibillion dollar drug and human trafficking syndicate.

Yes I know he was being facetious and my response was likewise facetious. I invented facetious dammit.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 4:41 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

goldfish21 wrote:

You really think with all the resources available to the USA that they wouldn't have already solved their "problem" with cheap illegal labour if they wanted to? It hasn't been solved because too many people make too much money from it so it's not really a problem they want to solve. Whether tax revenues or profits for American businessmen, the success of the USA has always relied on cheap labour.

There's no need to crunch numbers for a very simple concept. They're already paying to train soldiers. Relocate the training facility so it serves a dual purpose and extracts further value out of their training vs. pay twice as many federal employees to accomplish the same task of creating a trained soldier & securing the border. Have you never expressed an idea without writing a 100 page report on the logistics of it? Jesus.

I never said anything about a border well causing a severe drug shortage. I said secure borders might do that.

Let's get to the bottom line; why are you so opposed to immigrants getting green cards?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 5:02 am

EzraS wrote:
Let's get to the bottom line; why are you so opposed to immigrants getting green cards?

When have I ever said anything of the sort? :?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 5:10 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Simply getting a green card is what immigration control boils down to.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:10 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Simply getting a green card is what immigration control boils down to.

..except your government doesn't make that process so freely & easily available to match the demand for foreign workers.. so people continue to come over the border to work illegally.

If they wanted to issue green cards to all of those people they could. When a government, especially the USA, wants to do something they'll do it with the efficiency that the Nazis used IBM computers to catalogue Jews. Seriously. If they truly wanted all of this to be an on the books recorded official paper trail green card thing they'd just fk'n get 'er done.

But like I've pointed out.. there's far too much money for far too many people in keeping things the way they are, so they just carry on doing as they've always done so all the same people keep winning.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 6:32 am

goldfish21 wrote:

..except your government doesn't make that process so freely & easily available to match the demand for foreign workers.. so people continue to come over the border to work illegally.

So we should make use of them as slave type laborers and or sweatshop workers.

goldfish21 wrote:
If they wanted to issue green cards to all of those people they could. When a government, especially the USA, wants to do something they'll do it with the efficiency that the Nazis used IBM computers to catalogue Jews. Seriously. If they truly wanted all of this to be an on the books recorded official paper trail green card thing they'd just fk'n get 'er done.

How do they issue green cards to people who are sneaking in illegally?

goldfish21 wrote:
But like I've pointed out.. there's far too much money for far too many people in keeping things the way they are, so they just carry on doing as they've always done so all the same people keep winning.

So why the protest over the current president making that more difficult?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 7:07 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

So we should make use of them as slave type laborers and or sweatshop workers.

goldfish21 wrote:

How do they issue green cards to people who are sneaking in illegally?

goldfish21 wrote:

So why the protest over the current president making that more difficult?

You already do use them as slave type workers/sweatshop workers.

If the green card program was pumping out green cards to match demand then people would just opt to get one and work legally. Further, if American employers were penalized for hiring illegal workers then they would screen their workers better and ensure they had green cards.

The protest people are making is because Trump isn't doing it for jobs or economic reasons. He's doing it because he's racist. It's why he calls them thieves and rapists and murderers etc. If it was about jobs and the economy he'd have left the issue alone and just let everyone make their money.