13 Russian nationals indicted for meddling in 2016 election

Page 8 of 25 [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:03 am

last time i checked it was $7k. I gather that most of the people who just can't afford the insurance fall within the 9.69% of income threshold. it is still the last resort to "go bare" because the minimum cost of the cheapest hospitalizations is somewhat north of $50k. a busted elbow cost me $53k. were it not for this particular rural hospital's poverty program, it woulda been bankruptcy for me. that is what we get for failing as a nation, to enact proper health care financing reform.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:21 am

This story reminds me of something I observed a while back.

Perhaps as much as a year ago or more, I happened to notice that in a high rise apartment building I would occasionally pass, in a number of units directly on top of each other, there were tower computers in exactly the same place with their backs to the windows (thus why I was able to see them). While it's not uncommon for certain items of furniture to be in the same location in dwellings with the same floor plan, this typically doesn't happen with smaller items and my ASD brain this pattern was a little odd in that every person in these units atop each other had a tower PC, and all decided to put them in the same place, as if they were all set up by the same person.

This apartment building is across from a large media outlet, and I entertained the idea that perhaps these units were occupied by employees and the computers were workstations set up by the company so they could work from home, but I know employees of this company and all work is done on the premises even when it could theoretically be done from home.

Anyway, today when I was passing I noticed the computers were gone in all of the units that had had them...except perhaps the first...I can't tell because it now has privacy film on the windows.

I entertained the idea that the computers were part of a Russian troll farm, but what an expensive place to hole them up in.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
last time i checked it was $7k. I gather that most of the people who just can't afford the insurance fall within the 9.69% of income threshold. it is still the last resort to "go bare" because the minimum cost of the cheapest hospitalizations is somewhat north of $50k. a busted elbow cost me $53k. were it not for this particular rural hospital's poverty program, it woulda been bankruptcy for me. that is what we get for failing as a nation, to enact proper health care financing reform.

Yeah it's a shame. You know I'm not on some kind of conservative kill obamacare thing. I just want everyone, especially all the working class, to have sensible affordable healthcare.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 4:50 am

EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yeah it's a shame. You know I'm not on some kind of conservative kill obamacare thing. I just want everyone, especially all the working class, to have sensible affordable healthcare.

That's it.. time for Canada to build a Southern border wall.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 6:03 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

If millions of people start pouring in illegally, Canada might think that's not be such a bad idea. Although that would be a mighty long wall. Walling off the great leakes would be especially difficult.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 12:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Also, Bill-

No, the US doesn't have a "popular vote" system, and that is to stop certain states controlling the election. Also, everyone knows that Clinton should never have been the candidate as she cheated Sanders out of the position. If you care so much about your "democracy" you should be calling for that to be investigated as well as Clinton trying to hack the election.

We actually have the Electoral College because the founding fathers were afraid of direct democracy. It was in place to keep someone like Trump from being elected.
As a matter of fact, I was a Bernie guy. I consider how he was screwed out of the nomination by those chicken heads at the DNC to be a travesty. That said, Clinton was still her party's candidate, and so what happened next with Trump and his Russian friends was still a travesty. Plenty of us don't like the Electoral College, and wish we would switch to having a direct democratic election for President, as does every other non-parliamentarian democracy.

Maybe Putin went back in time and and stopped the founding fathers from creating a popular vote to stop Clinton winning. I hope no one from Salon or CNN sees this, they might go with that story.

"That said...", no she wasn't the party's candidate, cheating by fraud should have disqualified her.
Haha apart from nothing did happen with those fantasy stories about Trump and magical Russians. Trump won because the opponent was worse, it is time people face that rather than making up crazy conspiracy theories with zero evidence. If this carries on til the next election, Trump could win again. People on started talking about the popular vote after Clinton lost. Just excuse after excuse.

No, people have been talking about switching to the popular vote for a long time now.
While Clinton and her DNC allies had cheated Bernie, there was actually nothing illegal about it, as the DNC is hardly an arm of the government but a private organization, and can conduct business as unethically as they wish as long as there's no violation of the law.
Sure, Clinton was a lousy candidate, but the popular vote proves more Americans prefered her to that human Cheeto and his Russian friends.

I'd never heard any complaints in the mainstream until Trump won. I thought fraud was illegal in all cases. Clinton conspiring with a foreign agent to hack the election is illegal though but you don't care about either. Just be honest, it has nothing to do with justice or democracy. It is just about removing Trump because he is accused of being racist and sexist.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 1:37 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Also, Bill-

No, the US doesn't have a "popular vote" system, and that is to stop certain states controlling the election. Also, everyone knows that Clinton should never have been the candidate as she cheated Sanders out of the position. If you care so much about your "democracy" you should be calling for that to be investigated as well as Clinton trying to hack the election.

We actually have the Electoral College because the founding fathers were afraid of direct democracy. It was in place to keep someone like Trump from being elected.
As a matter of fact, I was a Bernie guy. I consider how he was screwed out of the nomination by those chicken heads at the DNC to be a travesty. That said, Clinton was still her party's candidate, and so what happened next with Trump and his Russian friends was still a travesty. Plenty of us don't like the Electoral College, and wish we would switch to having a direct democratic election for President, as does every other non-parliamentarian democracy.

Maybe Putin went back in time and and stopped the founding fathers from creating a popular vote to stop Clinton winning. I hope no one from Salon or CNN sees this, they might go with that story.

"That said...", no she wasn't the party's candidate, cheating by fraud should have disqualified her.
Haha apart from nothing did happen with those fantasy stories about Trump and magical Russians. Trump won because the opponent was worse, it is time people face that rather than making up crazy conspiracy theories with zero evidence. If this carries on til the next election, Trump could win again. People on started talking about the popular vote after Clinton lost. Just excuse after excuse.

No, people have been talking about switching to the popular vote for a long time now.
While Clinton and her DNC allies had cheated Bernie, there was actually nothing illegal about it, as the DNC is hardly an arm of the government but a private organization, and can conduct business as unethically as they wish as long as there's no violation of the law.
Sure, Clinton was a lousy candidate, but the popular vote proves more Americans prefered her to that human Cheeto and his Russian friends.

I'd never heard any complaints in the mainstream until Trump won. I thought fraud was illegal in all cases. Clinton conspiring with a foreign agent to hack the election is illegal though but you don't care about either. Just be honest, it has nothing to do with justice or democracy. It is just about removing Trump because he is accused of being racist and sexist.

It's always been about attempting to remove Trump. Right or wrong, it's obvious that's all it's really about.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 2:18 pm

Utterly disgraceful the way these rich, spoiled and deluded Hollywood actors act like they speak for real people. Even worse is that how many people repeat their garbage like parrots.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 7:53 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Also, Bill-

You never heard of it before Trump because you aren't an American. Otherwise, you would have heard of it being kicked around for years.
And who was this foreign agent Clinton was supposed to be conspiring with? I mean besides talk that includes her and Lady Gaga running a pedophile cult in the non-existent basement of a pizza shop.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Umm... What about this?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=American+medd ... =hg&ia=web

You people DARE to accuse Russia of "meddling" in elections when the U.S. has been doing it since 1945? Is it a case of, "We can do whatever we like, because we're the Almighty USA, and we're always right because 'might makes right', and we're special, exceptional, and God's country"? Does that explain the disgusting hypocrisy?

Yes, and we paid for that meddling whenever it backfired. Just the same, that hardly means we should just sit back and let someone else screw with our elections.

Why not? Don't you think you deserve a taste of your own medicine?

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Umm... What about this?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=American+medd ... =hg&ia=web

You people DARE to accuse Russia of "meddling" in elections when the U.S. has been doing it since 1945? Is it a case of, "We can do whatever we like, because we're the Almighty USA, and we're always right because 'might makes right', and we're special, exceptional, and God's country"? Does that explain the disgusting hypocrisy?

That and saying, "that was different, was done for different reasons, yeah we did that to the Russians but hey that was Yeltson..." and the most used disclaimer, "that was a long time ago and we don't do that sort of espionage anymore wink wink".

If fact we do look like whining hypocrite crybabies, considering our history and reputation for extensive election and political meddling and tampering. The response to that is, it's unpatriotic to point out such facts.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, and we paid for that meddling whenever it backfired. Just the same, that hardly means we should just sit back and let someone else screw with our elections.

The problem with this case is that it has always looked like and continues to look like a complete farce. I feel sorry for Mueller, the guy has probably aged ten years already.

It only looks like a farce through a conservative spectrum.

It looks like a farce to anyone who is actually objective. To those with an ideological axe to grind (i.e. Clinton-supporters who are still pissed off that their corporate puppet wasn't selected), sure, everything is correct and proper.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:51 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
It only looks like a farce through a conservative spectrum.

There are plenty of people saying the same thing who aren't wearing conservative tinted glasses. Personally I've been hungry for something in all of this to make me say holy s**t and start reaching for popcorn. I feel like the guy in that movie yelling, "show me the money!" or that crabby old lady asking "where's the beef?!". Do you really think I care if Trump fries? Just don't invite me to a barbeque when the coals keep going out while I'm starving for something to sink my teeth into.

LOL! This sums it up perfectly! :D :cheers: :salut: :hail: :wtg: :lmao:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 9:55 pm

Lintar-

Whether America deserves it is a whole other matter, but no, clearly we don't want it.
As for your charge that this is just about disgruntled Clinton supporters - - why then is Trump displaying consciousness of guilt? Why does he want to fire Mueller and even his own AG? Why has Mueller gotten guilty pleas and indictments? Plus, people aren't bent out of shape that Clinton lost, but because a corrupt, incompetent, barely literate racist won.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Lintar-

Whether America deserves it is a whole other matter, but no, clearly we don't want it.
As for your charge that this is just about disgruntled Clinton supporters - - why then is Trump displaying consciousness of guilt? Why does he want to fire Mueller and even his own AG? Why has Mueller gotten guilty pleas and indictments? Plus, people aren't bent out of shape that Clinton lost, but because a corrupt, incompetent, barely literate racist won.

"Why then is Trump displaying consciousness of guilt?"

I don't think he is. How, precisely, is he "displaying" this? What are the signs, the markers, the body language involved?

"Why has Mueller gotten guilty pleas and indictments?"

As someone mentioned before when you brought this up, the 13 were just some low-grade Russian hackers with no connections to anyone within the Republican Party.

"Whether America deserves it is a whole other matter, but no, clearly we don't want it."

Clearly WE (i.e. the rest of the world beyond the Rio Grande and the Canadian border) do not want it either, and yet we constantly get it from you guys. Stop your whingeing and take it like men, not p*****s.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2018, 10:27 pm

Lintar wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Lintar-

"Why then is Trump displaying consciousness of guilt?"

I don't think he is. How, precisely, is he "displaying" this? What are the signs, the markers, the body language involved?

"Why has Mueller gotten guilty pleas and indictments?"

As someone mentioned before when you brought this up, the 13 were just some low-grade Russian hackers with no connections to anyone within the Republican Party.

"Whether America deserves it is a whole other matter, but no, clearly we don't want it."

Clearly WE (i.e. the rest of the world beyond the Rio Grande and the Canadian border) do not want it either, and yet we constantly get it from you guys. Stop your whingeing and take it like men, not p*****s.

The fact that he's tried to stop the investigation clearly does.
I'm not talking about those hackers, but about those guys in the Trump campaign, such as Manafort and Flynn.
I just realized something - - you're saying two different things. You don't believe Trump colluded with Putin, but you think it's cool that America is getting it's comeuppance from Russia. I think you know Mueller is right, but you want to see America punished. At least be honest.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 1:46 am

goldfish21 wrote:

our dumb as a box of rocks but crazy like a fox house speaker lyin' ryan actually [with a straight face] proposed a northern border wall, but to keep Canadians OUT!! AS IF... oh, the sheer unadulterated stooooopid just BURNS!! ! :oops: