Page 5 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 1:47 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
This basically means that assassination is the only way to get Trump out of office if he wins.

Assassination wouldn't exactly be a panacea either, since if Trump wins that almost certainly means a bunch of his ghouls are also in power and also will need dealt with.

But yes, fixing your problems will be the only way, vs. running away from them.

Harmonie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2024, 2:24 pm

Indeed, Trump himself is but the door the Christofascists are planning to use to infiltrate the federal government. This is all outlined in Project 2025. Trump himself is just a very useful idiot for them (although there is the fact that he is a messianic figure to some of these people.).

The question on many's minds is if Trump himself is enough of a figurehead, personality that if he gets knocked down (whether that be by being defeated once again, or passing away from old age or whatever), the movement will fizzle. Knowing what I know about the Religious Right and how they've existed for decades (they really culminated during the civil rights era over defending segregation and being against interracial dating and marriage), plotting to corrupt the government at every turn, I don't know that Trump falling would be the end of them.

I don't think that the Christofascist leaders or base will fall apart without Trump. Seeing as that movement began decades ago. Trump is really just the culmination of it all, when it all came to the surface for everyone to see. I've had my eye on these freedom-haters ever since I was politically aware in my teens two decades ago. Go watch Jesus Camp. In Jesus Camp, set back in the mid 2000s, they bring out a cardboard cutout of George W Bush and practically worship him. Bizarre. This did not begin with Trump. It will not end with Trump, I don't think.

I'm no scholar, though. Could be that when a movement gets so wrapped up in a cult-like leader likes this and reaches fascist extremes, it then burns out. One can hope.

I can't help but recognize that there's no way a Christofascist state could work and keep all of this coalition together. They'll start fighting with each other, because no two sects of Christianity are alike. And while the Charismatics/Pentecostals/New Apostolic Reformation, Southern Baptists, and conservative Catholics (among others) have coalesced here, it can't last. Notably, Evangelicals like those in the NAR do not think that Catholics are Christians at all. How absurd is it to think that these groups will be happy to share power? They don't like diversity, they don't like freedom/religious freedom, and they don't like the WRONG types of Christians telling them what to do and teaching their children.

These people are so foolish. They can bring nothing but strife and suffering in this nation. Just like in the colonies and many other places.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 2:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
This basically means that assassination is the only way to get Trump out of office if he wins.

Assassination wouldn't exactly be a panacea either, since if Trump wins that almost certainly means a bunch of his ghouls are also in power and also will need dealt with.

Then here is what Biden must do:

1. Outlaw all conservative parties (this includes the Libertarian and Constitution parties as well).

2. Immediately expel all members of Congress from those parties, and order the states to do the same.

3. Criminalize hate speech, make the laws stricter than even the laws in Germany and Sweden.

4. Order a revision of both the Bible and the Quran, to state that (a) homosexuality, sodomy and fornication are not sins, (b) women do not have to be submissive, (c--Quran only) alcohol is not a sin, and (d) hell doesn't exist. Confiscate and burn all previous versions.

5. Enact a *maximum* wage, universal health care, and the world's most robust social safety net.

6. Overhaul the FCC, reinstate the Fairness Doctrine (to shut down all conservative-leaning media), loosen standards and practices. I want F-bombs, full-frontal nudity and blood and guts on ABC, CBS and NBC in the middle of the day.

7. Ban *all* guns, not just assault weapons.

8. Shut down all subversive business (Wal-Mart, Chick-Fil-A, Hobby Lobby, et al)

9. Disband all law enforcement, especially in predominantly Black or Latino areas.

10. Open Borders!! !

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 2:46 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Yet we get called bigots when we suggest Mexico do the same.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 7:09 pm

Well lets offer a better spin on this situation....Sure there always is plenty to worry about ....And the media Industry figured out through marketing and frantic news reports...Designed to grab attention.. Make things sound like the end of the world in the News ,,{ CREATE ANXIETY}-------Keep people on the edge of their seats ..( More veiwers of our
broadcasting nerwork than anybodys!! !) . So , maybe peoples attn . can be manipulated.
Could a observant Gov. see this too. A Stressed people , on the average may be occupied to stay just alive. (In our modern world . ) Stress peeps ,more compliant peeps??
BUT:On the other hand , This is still the most Powerful Nation in the known World. There are still jobs being created
People from other countries envy our lifestyle in the USA . Take great risks to sneak in here.
Our Military Industrial Complex,keeps the level of Other Countries threats to this country to a minimum known events.
So, maybe some parts of the cultural areas of the US are less than good to live in . But I haven't see any breadlines.
That were very real in my fathers lifetime . But it is always good to be a bit skeptical of a possibly Authoritarian ,
Government,with outward appearances of a Good Guy Democracy

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2024, 12:33 am

we've met the enemy, and he is us. until the bloody-minded among us get off their high horse and deign to speak WITH [not TO] us about the real problems in this country, nothing good will happen.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2024, 1:02 am

I would love to have stayed in America if doing so had even the slightest chance of fixing the problem.

As it is, I can still vote, but my vote will not be spent on either Sleepy Joe or the Crooked Don.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2024, 1:28 am

I suspect, as is described in Exodus 34:7, that the creator will "visit the iniquity of the fathers on their children and grandchildren to the third and fourth generations." it seems at least to me, that we and our descendants will face a century or more hence, some terrible tribulations in what used to be America. "...a republic, if you can keep it..." ol' Ben is spinning in his grave now.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2024, 12:59 pm

Wanna ask, where is RossPerot,when needed...but nowadays.. not sure that. would be a fix or not.? :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2024, 1:09 pm

unfortunately he alienated both parties, who would have refused to work with him, the same fate that afflicted Jimmy Carter.

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2024, 6:59 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
4. Order a revision of both the Bible and the Quran, to state that (a) homosexuality, sodomy and fornication are not sins, (b) women do not have to be submissive, (c--Quran only) alcohol is not a sin, and (d) hell doesn't exist. Confiscate and burn all previous versions.

I find this particularly laughable. You think Biden can just rewrite scripture? A conservative darling like Trump could convince fanatics to reinterpret the Bible, but Muslims will never listen to any Western politician.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2024, 7:13 pm

auntblabby wrote:
unfortunately he alienated both parties, who would have refused to work with him, the same fate that afflicted Jimmy Carter.
Even more unfortunate is the fact that Ross Perot died from leukemia on July 9, 2019 at age 89 in Dallas, Texas.

May he rest in peace.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.