Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2024, 9:13 pm

I don't mean the mods of this website specifically, but mods in general.

I've had my share of bad experiences on other sites. Mods often tend to abuse their power and trump up lies about breaking alleged rules just because they don't like certain. On one site, I was outright bullied by other members with the mod leading the pack. When I reported the abuse, the mod explained to me that none of those members broke any rules; since as the mod she is charge of deciding who is breaking rules.

I hope WP is different.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 1:10 am

All you have to do is follow  The Rules , and you will experience no actions against you from our mods.

They're a decent bunch here.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 1:41 am

The only thing you need to know about the mods here is that they are fair and don't take sides and they do what they can to make the site and the members safe

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 10:56 am

Most mods don't like the rule lawyering. They can make up rules anytime they want and can decide if you broke a rule or not, even if it's not explicitly stated.

Most mods don't like it when you disagree with their decision.

Most mods decide how they want to enforce their rules and decide which users to enforce them on and whom to not enforce them on, this is unfair I know.

Some mods prefer to be principled to a point where other users feel unsafe because it means they have to respect abusers and racists, etc. and not react to any bullies on the forum when they post something provocative. After all they want them to be a protected class too so anyone is punished when they react negative or say anything bad about cluster Bs and want to keep themselves safe from any abusers who happen to have a mental illness that causes them to be abusive or exploit and use people because of no empathy. I had to leave forum because of this. I finally felt unsafe if abusers are now a protected class because of a mental illness.

Stay off Reddit where this is very common where users abuse their mod power on a subreddit they moderate.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2024, 9:06 am

Fnord wrote:
All you have to do is follow  The Rules , and you will experience no actions against you

The mantra of every totalitarian.

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2024, 9:11 am

I'm not trying to be hostile towards the mods of WP.

I guess my point is about the dilemma of trusting authority in general. Someone has to steer the ship. But authority brings with it power that is easy to abuse.

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2024, 9:40 am

I've been here a little while and have not seen or experienced anything odd of the ordinary. Just follow the rules and your golden.

Now, on a different message board (nothing to do with ASD), the owner of the board was a real as*hole and would defend this one troll all the time. Which is why I deleted my account and left that place.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 10:18 am

Alex Plank owns it and leaves it open for us to crawl around in. Whatever he's fine with I guess I'm fine with.

I figure I am getting more than my money's worth from WP. :roll:

If that ever changes I guess I'd just have to take my "business" elsewhere.

P.S. Thanks Alex!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 10:37 am

I’ve experienced not so great modding in another forum, so I’m really grateful for the fairness and care that goes into the modding here.

babybird wrote:
The only thing you need to know about the mods here is that they are fair and don't take sides and they do what they can to make the site and the members safe

Well said!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 12:57 pm

If you don't trust the mods you could always trying hanging out with the rockers instead.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 1:23 pm

I've got no problem with the mods on this site. In particular cornflake is very good and fair.

BTW why is this thread in The Haven?

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 4:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
All you have to do is follow  The Rules , and you will experience no actions against you from our mods.

They're a decent bunch here.

I haven't seen any mods here abusing their powers here. Personally, if I'm on a forum where the mods are abusing their powers, or at least using them in ways that don't seem consistent, I consider it a really good reason to go looking for other places to post.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 5:41 pm

Nightwing82 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
All you have to do is follow  The Rules , and you will experience no actions against you
Are you calling me a totalitarian?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SendInTheClowns
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2024, 10:51 pm

Fnord is merely stating the obvious. WP members are expected to follow the rules and - perhaps even more important to read them before posting !:) I think the mods here are pretty good. While there isn't a specific rule about implying another member is a totalitarian, there is a rule about not making personal attacks, which (I think) includes labelling another member in a disparaging way. Rules are aimed at setting boundaries and promoting harmony. Amen for that :)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 10:59 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
If you don't trust the mods you could always trying hanging out with the rockers instead.

:heart:

WP has always had really kind, fair, and approachable mods.

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2024, 6:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nightwing82 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Are you calling me a totalitarian?

No. I'm pointing out that a distinction cannot be clearly made between "fair" rules and draconian rules. They are both enforced using the same methods. We can only hope whoever is making the rules is not corrupt.