Who here likes me and still wants to be friends?

Page 17 of 30 [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 30  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 7:32 am

Amity wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
I agree that everyone should be welcome here, but that does not, in my opinion, legitimately give other members a free pass to launch personal attacks on them for holding opposing views to there own. Attack the concept by all means but not the individual. This is the Haven, this is Sly's thread, I think posters here are trying to support him, no? Are you here for that purpose?

Considering that I'm 'the bully' in this context, yes, I'm entitled to attempt to make amends or at least clear the air and bring a degree of peace. I didn't even know I was the offender until today. How am I attacking?

If you didnt say it then why is it being attributed to you funeralx?

This reminds me too much of another situation where we had one member wronhly accusing others of all sorts unchecked, when they were trying to help. I was one of those people, if you wanted to start a haven thread to discuss it, or even pm's I would reply.

He (finally) attributed it to me.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 7:37 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
I agree that everyone should be welcome here, but that does not, in my opinion, legitimately give other members a free pass to launch personal attacks on them for holding opposing views to there own. Attack the concept by all means but not the individual. This is the Haven, this is Sly's thread, I think posters here are trying to support him, no? Are you here for that purpose?

Considering that I'm 'the bully' in this context, yes, I'm entitled to attempt to make amends or at least clear the air and bring a degree of peace. I didn't even know I was the offender until today. How am I attacking?

Great that you asked Empire, it's always good to clarify.I was not directing at you, but just stating my opinion in general about differing political stances and how we should deal with them here. I think saying that Sly would be a " F....ing prick if he refuses your apology could be worded in a more olive branch, less combative, conciliatory tone, otherwise how would it be productive in trying to bridge the differences you have and make amends? If someone said to me that I would be a f....ng prick if I didn't accept their apology, I would tell them to go stick their head where the sun doesn't shine. Why? because it is a conditional. Apologies should never be conditional, that would not be an apology would it? That would be perpetuating the discord.

I'm offering an ambiguous and conditional apology because it depends on details that I don't know and that Sly does know, but rather than insist he's gaslighting us I'd prefer to allow him to save face and not sow further discord.

in hindsight, truthfully, is this the time to do so when he just said he is fed up of attacks and wants to leave? In the Haven? In his support thread? You are smarter and kinder than to do this intentionally.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 8:43 am

There are many people here who are practically begging for Sly to stay.

The couple of people who are attacking him should just let it go. Attack the idea, not the person. And I also believe Sly should give us a chance, too.

I wish I knew who the new moderators will be. Hopefully, they are of varying political persuasions, yet unbiased in how they moderate.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 9:27 am

Give it a chance, sly, and wait a bit longer. For now, it was just a heated conversation and no decisions have actually been made yet.

I'm also waiting to see who the new admin(s) and mods are going to be. We can all have a chat here while waiting and if you can, get some rest

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 9:49 am

Do foxes twitch their noses when they sleep? That would be cute.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 9:58 am

I think it would take a lot for a fox to allow you around when it's sleeping, even cats won't do it around people they don't trust.

I live in a cca 4 mil city, right in the middle of it, and we do have a neighbourhood fox, it's amazing. He's always been too quick for me to take pics, but I see and hear him "barking" at night since I'm usually awake. It makes my cat very curious too :D

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Aug 2020, 11:05 am

Lots of autistics have difficulty with metaphors, I know Sly wasn’t the only one who sincerely interpreted that comment as a dehumanising personal attack. I’m glad fxe has apologise as I’m sure that wasn’t her intent, but it doesn’t necessarily diminish sly’s pain.

I hope you decide to stay, sly.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 1:20 pm

Amity wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Teach51 wrote:

If you didnt say it then why is it being attributed to you funeralx?

This reminds me too much of another situation where we had one member wronhly accusing others of all sorts unchecked, when they were trying to help. I was one of those people, if you wanted to start a haven thread to discuss it, or even pm's I would reply.

I think I know who you are talking about. I forget what the username was she used but I remember spongy banned her.

Edit: Maybe it wasn't her because I checked spongy's profile and he hadn't been here since 2014 and you joined around that time too. I can think of one other user here who thought her stalker was here and had accused different members here of being his sockpuppets and I don't think you meant her either.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 1:13 am

So much for any of you having my back. Wp is dead

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 1:14 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Lots of autistics have difficulty with metaphors, I know Sly wasn’t the only one who sincerely interpreted that comment as a dehumanising personal attack. I’m glad fxe has apologise as I’m sure that wasn’t her intent, but it doesn’t necessarily diminish sly’s pain.

I hope you decide to stay, sly.

Far worse has happen to me tonight. Maybe I should hire a lawyer and have them come fight here on ,y behalf.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 1:15 am

sly279 wrote:
So much for any of you having my back. Wp is dead

I'm sorry Sly :( . Me and Fey were typing responses to that thread when it got locked. We will try to help through PM's.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 1:22 am

^ I think that thread got way out of hand. I think a lot of it came down to incompatible communication styles, and that Alex doesn't know you and Pepe very well. I hope you are doing okay.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 1:26 am

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
^ I think that thread got way out of hand. I think a lot of it came down to incompatible communication styles, and that Alex doesn't know you and Pepe very well. I hope you are doing okay.

I've about lost all hope for this site...Seeing posts up referring to those on the right as "reichwingers" (which were reported and where moderators had stated this was not permitted), endorsement for calling members anything they want (as long as derogatory isn't in the definition) by the site owner, with site owner even implying that to vote for Trump made you a "white supremecist":
Quote:
I don't think all the trump voters the first time around would be considered white supremacists but certainly if they vote for him in the 2020 election now that he's made it clear that he believes in those ideals.

source: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=389127&p=8589208#p8589208

It appears quite clear from his words that the owner doesn't want to have anyone here who is not firmly of the "left", and didn't appear at all interested in any issues that people were bringing up, which have been ongoing for many months, and causing people to leave.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 1:41 am

I hope everyone is satisfied with themselves
for lynching Sly without a trial, shaming him, ganging up on him and going for the jugular, deliberately baiting him, pushing him into a corner and exploiting the opportunity for revenge while taking his analogies and twisting them to paint him as a racist. Sly is not a racist and what happened on that thread was pure cruelty.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 1:44 am

Brictoria wrote:
I've about lost all hope for this site...Seeing posts up referring to those on the right as "reichwingers" (which were reported and where moderators had stated this was not permitted), endorsement for calling members anything they want (as long as derogatory isn't in the definition) by the site owner, with site owner even implying that to vote for Trump made you a "white supremecist":.

I interpreted Alex's post to mean that if somebody votes for Trump in 2020 they are tolerating Trump's self-evident racist comments. I don't think he was calling people who vote for Trump in 2020 racists directly.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 1:45 am

Teach51 wrote:
I hope everyone is satisfied with themselves
for lynching Sly without a trial, shaming him, ganging up on him and going for the jugular, deliberately baiting him, pushing him into a corner and exploiting the opportunity for revenge while taking his analogies and twisting them to paint him as a racist. Sly is not a racist and what happened on that thread was pure cruelty.

I don't see anybody lynching anybody Teach. We have all expressed our brotherhood with Sly. He is always welcome here. This is after all his thread.