Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 5:54 pm

Occasionally I'll find a piece of work or an artist that makes me take a step back in awe. Here are some examples;

S For Lisp- George Watsky.

This guy often amazes me. I know that poetry doesn't have the best of reputations, especially since the kind that we learn in school is often pretentious beyond belief. However, the above video contains one of my favourite poems. I would recommend looking into his songs/raps, poems and other works if you haven't already. NSFW at times.

We Think We Know You- Bo Burnham.

I like a lot of his songs, so it was hard to pick just one. His comedy is a little dark and insensitive, so you have been warned. Also, there's some offensive language. It's not for everyone, but I enjoy it.

Dear Evan Hansen Animatic Of The Song "Good For You"- Link Too.

I quite like Dear Evan Hansen, and many fans of the musical have made their own artwork and animations for it. This one in particular grabs my attention, I love the fluidity of the movement and the excellent use of perspective. I can only hope (and practice a lot) that I'll be this good at drawing some day.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 10:05 pm

Denis Istomin, who overcame a car accident to succeed as a professional tennis player

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 1:21 pm

John Callahan, who despite being a paraplegic, found success and popularity as a cult cartoonist.

A biopic about him was released earlier this year called Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far On Foot.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 5:04 pm

I don't think this will come to anybody as a surprise, but Gillian Anderson, Jodie Whittaker, and Eve Myles- They are all talented, intelligent, and beautiful women who I admire a lot.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 8:50 pm

Mick Avory of The Kinks. He always remains gentle and logical no matter how far people push him. He's also very sensitive and thoughtful.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Sep 2018, 10:00 pm

The iCarly star, Miranda Cosgrove. It's very hard to believe that someone who's been acting since the age of 3 had a good enough head on her shoulders & is responsible enough to take a break from acting to attend college & stick with it enough to graduate. This is a perfect example of why I fell madly in love with her :heart:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition