Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MoeTrashPanda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2024, 10:25 am

I am wearing an outfit today that I normally can wear without much issue, but today I am so so bothered and anxious at work. My bra keeps slipping on my arms, and I feel something really scratchy on my back. If I move at all my bra twists and rolls up. UGH!

I have a weekend trip with my family that I am almost dreading, so I'm thinking my trip stress is making my threshold for overstimulation go to zero.

Any advice for dealing with my eight hour work day in this hyper sensitive state? ʕ´• ᴥ•̥`ʔ

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2024, 10:36 am

hhmmm...i dunno Panda...maybe listen to something calming on YouTube?

MoeTrashPanda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2024, 10:40 am

ocean wrote:
hhmmm...i dunno Panda...maybe listen to something calming on YouTube?

Good idea =3 I have my calming playlist on in my ear. Maybe I need to take a second to just listen to it and nothing else. Thanks Ocean for your reply :heart:

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2024, 11:47 am

MoeTrashPanda wrote:
Thanks Ocean for your reply :heart:

you're welcome! (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠) ...you know what else might work?...CHOCOLATE!...tell your boss you have to leave for 10 minutes to accomplish an important mission and get some...and dont chew it!...just let the chocolate melt in your mouth :P

MoeTrashPanda wrote:
I have a weekend trip with my family that I am almost dreading

may i ask why you're dreading this trip?

MoeTrashPanda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2024, 12:05 pm

ocean wrote:
MoeTrashPanda wrote:
Thanks Ocean for your reply :heart:

you're welcome! (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠) ...you know what else might work?...CHOCOLATE!...tell your boss you have to leave for 10 minutes to accomplish an important mission and get some...and dont chew it!...just let the chocolate melt in your mouth :P

MoeTrashPanda wrote:
I have a weekend trip with my family that I am almost dreading

may i ask why you're dreading this trip?

MMM Choccy will definitely help >=3. I will grab some when I go to lunch

Yes, I apologize in advance for the lengthy response about my trip worries--no need to read or respond if you don't want to ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ.

The dynamics within my family circle can be very chaotic. It's my brother's 21st birthday, so I agreed to go to Reno, Nevada with my family to celebrate. My dad has really horrible road rage (yelling, staring people down, passing people really close, tailgating), and my mom and dad often have very tumultuous fights (Dad yelling, punching walls, throwing things, etc.). It has gotten better as I have moved out and as they have gotten older, but being in a contained space with them for an eight hour drive + sharing an AirBnB is making me stressed to think about. I always feel so drained after spending more than a few hours with them, so not having a space to have for myself will be rough (luckily it's only a 3 day trip with 2 of those days being driving).

My parents also looove to bring up politics/make little jabs or comments that can be hurtful (for example, hating on trans people even though my partner is nonbinary, misgendering my partner on purpose, making really insensitive and rude comments about strangers, fat people, or "snowflakes."). I have learned that not engaging in their rude comments/in things I don't agree with is the best way to go. I try not to egg him on or heighten my dad's emotions by arguing.

In addition to the stress of keeping the peace within the family, and maintaining my mental health/sanity, I let myself get very out of shape once I moved out 4 years ago. My mom and dad are VERY active, physically fit people, and I have to maintain boundaries with them in regards to mentioning my weight, and exercising, diet, etc. We are going to be walking around in hot weather and I dread them seeing me sweat more, and walk slower than I used to when I was super active in high school.

My mom did give me an out and said I didn't have to go if it stresses me out, but I want to support my little brother, and hate disappointing people (yeah I know, I should do what's best for me haha. My partner thinks I should stay home with them, but I'm still debating things with myself). I have a plan set in place, and let my mom know my worries and concerns about the trip. I also let her know that if things go horribly wrong that I will buy a plane ticket home. She was very receptive to this conversation. I should have talked to my dad but I haven't gotten the chance...

TLDR: I love my parents, but they stress me the hell out. I have boundaries set in place with them, but it's a lot of maintaining and reminding of those boundaries. My parents are emotionally immature and flawed humans (like everyone else!) with their own generational traumas. I have been working for a while to break the generational trauma cycle.

Thanks for asking! Again, this is a lot, so you don't have to respond =)

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2024, 1:28 pm

wow...that all sounds quite awful...i understand why you're not looking forward to it...but its great that you're willing to put yourself through all of that for your brother...you're a good sister and your partner is lucky to have you...wish i could help...but ill leave you with the cutest thing ever...a tiny panda friend ⁠\⁠(⁠・⁠◡⁠・⁠)⁠/

MoeTrashPanda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2024, 2:19 pm

ocean wrote:
wow...that all sounds quite awful...i understand why you're not looking forward to it...but its great that you're willing to put yourself through all of that for your brother...you're a good sister and your partner is lucky to have you...wish i could help...but ill leave you with the cutest thing ever...a tiny panda friend ⁠\⁠(⁠・⁠◡⁠・⁠)⁠/

Dawww!! Thank you so much for your support and words of encouragement! I am holding out hope that the trip will go well!

This raccoon wants to hug that panda >w<

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2024, 2:57 pm

aaaaawwww :heart: :heart: :heart: ...pandy and raccy...two best friends on an epic journey of self discovery and enlightenment :P