23 Mar 2017, 6:14 pm

Do you think about your ballet cats?

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 6:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Do you think about your ballet cats?

We were just playing with little balls and ribbons and now they are sleeping.
For 4 weeks now they are on a serious diet as they are overweight and I got special nutrition from the vet and I have to limit the portion-intake.
The two females are quite fine but the male meows almost permanently and I have to stand it, but I stik to the prescription though I feel bad for them because it is my fault that they got obese in the first place.
But they already lost a bit of weight by now.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 6:42 pm

Poor guy. I understand the feeling well--when I have to go on a diet!

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2017, 6:48 pm

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say a 4. I never received developmental services (they didn't provide those in 1985, nor was I ever assessed by a psychiatrist), and I had to adapt through observational learning of other people's social interactions and the "Now You Know" segments of GI-Joe cartoons. I did okay. I'm reasonably well-adjusted, I'm married (with a kid) and have close friends (who have been friends for 20+ years).

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2017, 6:50 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
LOL...Sometimes, I laugh at myself in the street...at times about old memories.

I don't care what people think of me. I'm not harming anybody when I laugh.

I laugh at comical situations I've created in my mind, usually along the lines of very dark comedy.

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 11:57 pm

I think I'm 5 autistic. It just feels right. :geek: :albino:
Because I'm withdrawn, in my own world, have stereotypies, and don't know how to act.
I also laugh when I think of something funny.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 6:14 am

Around a 6 autistic. I am able to verbalize myself well but I show all manner of other symptoms. I lean back on chair constantly, I don't commit to eye contact, struggle to get sarcasm, I ask very specific questions, discuss history and politics constantly and distract myself with some very odd habits.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 6:42 pm

As for cognitive impairments, are they usually obvious?
I keep running into limits when it comes to thinking, maybe like when I was a kid. I get easily confused and forming word order can frustrate me.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:38 pm

A 6 or 7. Or a 25 or 6 to 4.

I have better academic credentials than many NTs, a high IQ and am talented in many fields, but socially I'm a mess. I have no real life friends. Independent living is hard for me. I could wash up, but I don't like the idea of touching other peoples' dirty pots. I helped to cook some pasta the other day, but that's not enough.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 9:20 pm

Not sure what number to give myself. Somewhere between 2 - 5, which in my opinion is a broad range.

I stim a lot. I am able to verbalise my needs, desires, and opions well, but more complex things are hard. Someone often asks me a question and waits a long time for a (scripted) response. I struggle to detect sarcasm, make eye contact, and follow directions. I often confuse myself while doing tasks and take a long time to transition between tasks without getting agitated. I am generally withdrawn. I get overloaded a lot sensory-wise. I retain a very small amout of what my teachers teach in class.

At the same time, I am able to handle a rigorous curriculum at a typical school. My grades are not bad. I am also more creative than many NTs.

Drakensson
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Mar 2017, 11:04 pm

I would i'm 7/10

I got no problems with emotions, talking and have no tantrums/freakouts
But i do struggle with formulating myself, connecting with strangers as well as hating sudden changes haha :D

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 11:49 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
Around a 6 autistic. I am able to verbalize myself well but I show all manner of other symptoms. I lean back on chair constantly, I don't commit to eye contact, struggle to get sarcasm, I ask very specific questions, discuss history and politics constantly and distract myself with some very odd habits.

8O reported to alex. you know very well impersonating another WP member (me) is not allowed.

kidding...kidding...

i do all those things you mention (okay, maybe switch history/politics with biology and linguistics) , but am not sure what else your "other symptoms" are...?

kraftiekortie wrote:
LOL...Sometimes, I laugh at myself in the street...at times about old memories.

I don't care what people think of me. I'm not harming anybody when I laugh.

it's creepier, i think, when your laugh is a slightly repressed snicker just escaping through the teeth (like, ksss hhh hh hhh) and not a bonafide "traditional" laugh (like HAHAHAHAHAH). you're less likely to spread the joy in the former way, methinks.

rather, one may assume you're up to no good...

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 1:46 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

8O reported to alex. you know very well impersonating another WP member (me) is not allowed.

kidding...kidding...

i do all those things you mention (okay, maybe switch history/politics with biology and linguistics) , but am not sure what else your "other symptoms" are...?

haha

Is that Tsar Nicholas in your avatar?

I tend the like the sensation of the hand sanitizer in class, so when nobody is looking I take some. I often used word filler where I use words like (Basically, Simply) when it is not necessary. I struggle to know the cues to end conversation etc especially during discussions. This has got me on some people's bad side.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 1:50 am

well a few examples of faux pas in recent times for me.

a girl i was speaking to was talking about her friend and said "well he lost his father to cancer before he was 12"

i said "i did not think males under 12 could make women pregnant, unless they are a baboon or something, but it is sad that he died at such a young age."

it so happened her friend was aboriginal which i did not know at the time, and my joke hinged on the in-distinction inherent in her sentence, but it was not well received.

i was pulling into my driveway, and 2 women were standing on the footpath there with prams (strollers) chatting with each other blocking the entrance.
i did not think carefully and so i just blew my horn continuously until they moved.
when they got out of the way i drove in, and when i got out i heard them yelling at me from further up the road and i think i made 2 enemies.

it's so much easier to make enemies than friends.

i think the staff at hazelbrook pharmacy might be a bit worried as to my mental state.

i started to laugh to an extreme degree whilst i was waiting for a prescription to be filled. as far as the outside world was concerned, there was no cause for my laughter and it was not shared by anyone in the store. they had looks of concern on their faces.

there was however a cause for my laughter.
i was getting a prescription for seretide filled, and the girl asked me if i wanted any more ventolin. i have about 10 unopened ventolins in my cubpoard, and so i said no.

then i thought "i've got ventolins coming out my ears"

while the girl was preparing my prescription, i thought about the phrase "i've got X coming out my ears" and i realized it was an extension of the phrase "i'm fed up to the back teeth with X".

then i thought about the reality of being fed up to the back teeth and realized it meant the stomach was filled and also the esophagus was filled and the contents have reached the back teeth (of course you would choke in that situation really).

then i thought if you took that idea one step further you would have X coming out your ears, and the concept was hilarious and i burst into laughter.

it's an old saying and a very funny one thought up no doubt in the 1800's.

a strange half dream:

something that i dreamed of made me laugh and i wish i could make it a reality. this is a bit naughty......

i dreamed i had the power to disappear and teleport to somewhere else, and the first thing i did was (in los angeles) intentionally clip the side of a police car, and when he turned around to give chase, i floored it and led them on a high speed pursuit all over the state.

it eventually became televised with helicopters following etc (a bit like the OJ simson chase, but at seriously high speeds), and after many road spikes puncturing my tires and the tyres flying off the rims and sparks coming from all 4 wheels, i eventually crash into a guard rail, and the police are all excited and when they reach the car, no one is in it.

they are bamboozled pointing their guns in all directions and since i was being watched carefully, it was obvious i did not get out of the car and run, so what the f**k?

where the hell am i?

that would be so much fun.
to see the expressions on their faces and the eventual news story.

yeah just stuff....

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 1:55 am

there is something that causes paroxysms of laughter in me and i guess it is a cruel thing.

i notice that some people (especially kids) say "arksed" instead of "asked"

that is intensely funny to me for some reason which i can not determine.

but in america, some negroid women of adult age also mispronounce that word and it is even funnier because they say (given their accent) "axed".

on a crime show last night i was watching when i was almost asleep, a negro american woman said to the interviewer about her boyfriend that she killed in self defense, "he was gettin' real violent and he said he was going to kill me, and i pleaded with him to stop. i axed him and i axed him and i axed him"...i was by that time in a fully awake coughing fit of laughter and i did not listen to the rest.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 2:06 am

here is a little autistic based AI conversation i imagined between a "male" chip (486) and a later model pentium female on a date.

it is difficult to determine the words for the listener i am sure but whatever.