Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 4:48 pm

Does anyone find that they are more engaged and able to function after having smoked weed? For me it's like a light bulb going on, and I realize what I'm supposed to be doing.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 5:04 pm

Nah, it certainly helps me relax socially and get past the hesitation to stick my two cents into an ongoing conversation, but in terms of Executive Function - as in being focused enough to get things accomplished - it's just the opposite. When I was working in radio, I had many coworkers who were stoned pretty much all the time, but I couldn't function like that, being buzzed would make me forget what I was just talking about (on-air), or get distracted and never finish a project. And I know it wasn't just me, because the guys who were perpetual stoners generally did subpar quality work all the time. I took too much pride in my craft to become that kind of slacker. I love it relaxing after hours, but I can't work in that condition.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 5:22 pm

I am noticing an effect, with illicit drugs or what I would consider to be abusive doses of OTC's. When someone is in legitimate pain or inflammation, is upset, etc, that drug has less of an effect on cognition. I have known people with weird bone diseases, progressive nerve damage, and freak accidents, who took epic amounts of pills and booze, just to function.

When someone is making me upset, it helps me to realize that it was never really my problem, to begin with. Moderate use has helped me to stay on track, at times.

I feel that it helps with ear and stomach problems, forever in the background.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 5:37 pm

will@rd wrote:
....get past the hesitation to stick my two cents into an ongoing conversation,

Yeah, I talk a bit too much sometimes when stoned. I get very enthusiastic. Lol

will@rd wrote:
I took too much pride in my craft to become that kind of slacker. I love it relaxing after hours, but I can't work in that condition.

I'm the opposite. I'm a much better worker when stoned. I can concentrate and remained focused where otherwise I can't.

friedmacguffins wrote:
Moderate use has helped me to stay on track, at times.

Me too.

friedmacguffins wrote:
I feel that it helps with ear and stomach problems, forever in the background.

Helps me with back pain.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:36 pm

And, is your thinking better or worse, when in pain.

I am not saying to be a debased pig, but lots of people are taking drugs to work better, in spite of the common stereotypes.

(Relief. Painfully swollen ears are open.)

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 7:57 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
And, is your thinking better or worse, when in pain.

Worse.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 8:22 pm

I think there is moderation, partying, and wrecking yourself. I would not hold the occasional partying against you.

fselzr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 11:17 am

Cannabis, THC and hash is the autism cure for me. It makes me to feel in way as I should feel, able to focus on any thing and stop feeling emptiness and dryness of life. Also psychedelics changed my life in incredible positive way. Every autist should try both and experience the crispness and the highest possible kind of beaty.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:20 am

I don't think I would have been able to survive this long without smoking. I have found other drugs that help, Seroqeul and gabapentin, but marijuana was the first to make me feel like a normal person.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:23 am

If they promoted me one notch up to a low level supervisor would I start coming to work stoned to meet the need the increased need for "executive function"?

No.

I seriously don't think so.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:28 am

naturalplastic wrote:
If they promoted me one notch up to a low level supervisor would I start coming to work stoned to meet the need the increased need for "executive function"?

No.

Are you saying that you don't need help with executive function now? I don't think a promotion would change that.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:43 am

I can accomplish a lot stoned, if I know the task. If I have to learn a new skill, I'll pass.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:49 am

androbot01 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

No.

Are you saying that you don't need help with executive function now? I don't think a promotion would change that.

Whether I do, or don't, need help with executive function is another question. I just cant imagine being stoned would improve my executive function. So I am trying to do a "thought experiment". If I were promoted I would need to exercise more executive function (would need to keep track of more stuff on the job) than I do now. So if I was appointed to do the stuff that my even lowest level supervisors in my company do...could I imagine doing it while being stoned on weed? The answer is...ARE YOU FRIGGEN NUTS! ofcourse not! Now my thinking could be biased because I associate being stoned with being in people's homes in front of the tube in stress free settings, and not on the job.

Have been mildly stoned while doing the job at the level I'm at now. At my current level its just a tunnel vision type task (counting inventory in stores), and does not involve supervising, nor interacting with the client, and etc. Being mildly high (like hungover from the previous late night) doesn't seem to hurt my performance much if at all.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:03 pm

For 17 years I had no issues with marijuana whatsoever, but I've noticed over the last year or so since I turned mid-30's that my motivation to complete tasks does wane a bit when I'm high. When I was younger it did the opposite, it gave me motivation, then it hit a neutrality period when I was around thirty and now it's slowly starting to make me less motivated. I want to be crystal clear here: less motivated, not lazy-- when I've got the motivation to do the task my autistic-instincts turn on and it's pure focus to complete said task.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:06 pm

Do you need rest?

fselzr

25 Jun 2017, 12:41 pm

With a Sativa a man is able to do almost anything even driving. Sativa is like a stimulant. I don't like indica because it's weaker.