Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 5:31 pm

Have you ever experienced the following behaviors from NT women?

NT woman doesn't like it when you know something they don't know( example: I knew when back to school night was but the NT woman did not)

NT woman always has to be right. Can't handle being wrong. Also, makes everything a competition.

NT woman tells other people something that you know is a lie. ( example: NT woman knew that I worked at the church school when she started working there. She tells everyone that she had no idea that I was working there when she got hired.)

What other unpleasant behavior have you experienced from NT women?

EyeDash
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2017, 8:58 pm

One thing that struck me about neurotypical women I've known intimately is that they're very status-minded and make a lot of comparisons to others. This seemed like a source of considerable discontent to them and got in the way of just enjoying the moment. I observed this in ex-wives and girlfriends. My observations are naturally limited and it's possible that NT men are the same way - it could just be part of being a social creature. It seemed that I was a lot more satisfied with the little pleasures of life.

Oh, with regards to always having to be right, I mistakenly thought that the german emblem was a phoenix, where it's actually an eagle. After my ex-wife told me this, I was quite surprised and looked it up on the Internet, because my memory was different. She got really steamed because she took it as me not believing her. In actuality it was more like I was amazed that my memory told me something else. :D

Last edited by EyeDash on 29 Aug 2017, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 9:00 pm

They have to gossip. It's like some sort of fixation for them :? !

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

As part of conversation elsewhere on web several years ago I Googled why women judge other women
and got, sampled from right now, (note that thing about competition down at end)

Quote:
About 7,640,000 results (0.84 seconds)
Search Results
Why Women Judge Other Women - Gearing Up
http://www.gearingup.com/_blog/Gearing_ ... her_Women/
Why Women Judge Other Women. June 4, 2009. Dr. Sylvia Gearing, TXA 21 News. Women have turned to one another throughout the ages for support, advice ...
Why Do Women Judge Each Other And How Do We Stop? | HuffPost UK
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/emma... ... 75592.html
Jan 11, 2017 - We've all encountered women who are judgemental. I've heard friends say that 'girls are mean' and 'women are bitchy,' and talk of run-ins with ...
Why Do Women Judge Each Other So Much? – Video with Marc David ...
psychologyofeating.com/why-do-women-judge-each-other-so-much-video-with-mar...
If you've ever wondered why women judge each other so harshly, you're not alone. In this thought-provoking new video from #IPEtv, Marc David, founder of the ...
Study Finds Women Interpret Looks From One Another in the Worst ...
https://www.inc.com/.../study-women-fee ... ging.htm...
Mar 16, 2017 - Interview comments similarly supported the idea that women judge each other on factors like appearance. 11 texts referenced looks that made ...
To Women Who Judge Other Women For Not Wearing Makeup
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/an-ope ... omens-ma...
Jun 19, 2017 - So you want to judge me as sick or not put together because my face isn't covered in makeup? Wow.
Why women judge each other (women) more as opposed to men ...
https://www.quora.com/Why-women-judge-e ... osed-to-...
Let it remain for the men to guess ... Understanding Women · Men · Women ... Why women judge each other (women) more as opposed to men? UpdateCancel ...
Why Women Judge Other Women - Madhuri Banerjee - blogger
madhuribanerjee.blogspot.com/2016/05/women-judging-women.html
May 6, 2016 - Most times we compare ourselves to other women to judge where we stand in life. And we tick mark the things in our invisible list of how to be ...
10 Things Women Judge Other Women for—But Absolutely Shouldn't
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/women-judgment
Mar 5, 2015 - Let's help catty comments go the way of Blackberries and DVDs.
Study - Women Judge Other Women's Bodies | Shape Magazine
http://www.shape.com › Lifestyle › Mind and Body
Apr 8, 2016 - Body weight has a serious impact on the way that we perceive beauty, according to a new study.
Why Do Women Trash Other Women's Bodies? | Psychology Today
https://www.psychologytoday.com/...is.. ... ens-bodies
Oct 22, 2014 - Depending on the cultural dictates of the particular era, women trash other women's bodies because of factors related, in part, to competition.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 9:20 pm

I want to put this one by itself for impact,

Quote:
"Research has shown not only that jobs held disproportionately by women report lower wages and pension funds than jobs held disproportionately by men, but that bullying in the workplace is not gender biased within male workers. Seventy per cent of the time, women will chose a target of the same sex. Why is it that in a male-dominated world, women are so quick to cut each other down, rather than speak up in defense of one another?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/sandra-cha ... 60519.html

Quote:
A perplexing reality in today’s workplace is the disregard—and even attacks—of women by other women. According to advocacy group the Workplace Bullying Institute, “nearly 40 percent of corporate abusers are female, and most of the time, they pick on other women.” Although typically subtle, these tactics to discredit other women chip away at our collective ability to reach gender equality in the workplace.

https://www.executivesunlimited.com/gen ... ach-other/

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 9:28 pm

Catfights over handbags and tears in the toilets. When this producer launched a women-only TV company she thought she'd kissed goodbye to conflict...
By Samantha Brick
Updated: 09:36 EDT, 7 April 2009
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... lict-.html

Quote:
The venomous women were supposedly the talented employees I had headhunted to achieve my utopian dream - a female- only company with happy, harmonious workers benefiting from an absence of men.
It was an idealistic vision swiftly shattered by the nightmare reality: constant bitchiness, surging hormones, unchecked emotion, attention-seeking and fashion rivalry so fierce it tore my staff apart.

When I read the other day that Sienna Miller had said there was no such thing as 'the Sisterhood', I knew what she meant.

Quote:
Gradually, what had started out as a daydream - wouldn't it be great if there were no men where I worked? - turned into an exciting concept. I decided to create the first all-female production company where smart, intelligent, career-orientated women could work harmoniously, free from the bravado of the opposite sex.

In hindsight, I should have learned the lessons of my past - at my mixed secondary school I was bullied by a gang of nasty, name-calling girls, so I knew only too well how nasty groups of women could become.

And working in TV, I'd met lots of super-competitive 'door-slammers' who'd do anything to get to the top. But I told myself that, with the right women, work could be wonderful.

Quote:
And while I stand by my initial reason for excluding male employees - because they have an easy ride in TV - if I were to do it again, I'd definitely employ men. In fact, I'd probably employ only men.

peregrina
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Aug 2017, 12:29 am

I got bullied in high school. One of my classmates, a so-called friend, got jealous of me when I got a better GPA one semester. She ruined my reputation by backbiting. I did not mean to compete with her, but she felt I was her rival. I just loved those subjects and I studied hard because I enjoyed, not because I wanted to get A's. Since then, I have been careful around other women.

I don't understand why fashion matters that much among NT women. I have never been interested in fashion stuff. I wear conservative women's outfits that make me look ten years older and own only four pairs of shoes (walking/work shoes, sandals, formal but no heel and casual shoes). So long as I have clean and neat clothes to wear, I am fine. Some mean women picked on me because of that.

NT women's world is too sophisticated and they fight over petty things. I have witnessed a fight of two women in church!! One was very provocative and the other was full of jealousy. I stood there in the candle-lit hall watching them, thinking 'oh dear!'. Sorry, no empathy for them.

NT women tend to misunderstand. I think because I take things literally and so I am always kinda blunt. I am older and more careful with what I say to people now. However, when I am tired or frustrated, I let slip... Some NT women don't like this. Men tend to be more tolerant.

When misunderstanding happened, I tended to ask "why". This could worsen the situation. But, why? No doubt I limit my contact with most NT women. By the way, I once lived in a community full of women, didn't survive. One of them said to me that when there are too many women, often there are problems.

By the way, I don't generalise and there are many genuinely nice NT women out there. It's just that I have witnessed a lot of silly things going on in their realm where I never belong.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 9:23 am

Yes.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 10:42 am

ladyelaine wrote:

NT woman doesn't like it when you know something they don't know( example: I knew when back to school night was but the NT woman did not)

NT woman always has to be right. Can't handle being wrong. Also, makes everything a competition.

NT woman tells other people something that you know is a lie. ( example: NT woman knew that I worked at the church school when she started working there. She tells everyone that she had no idea that I was working there when she got hired.)

Well, firstly, if ONE woman was doing all of those things, I'm thinking she's a narcissist----and, there's absolutely NO WAY to "win", against them!! Nowadays, it seems like a new narcissist is bred, every minute.

Secondly, I have known ASD women, right here, on this site, who fit every one of those descriptions.

Thirdly, I have known ASD MEN, right here, on this site, who fit every one of those descriptions.

IMO, ASDers, generally speaking, are FAMOUS for "needing" to be right----and, absolutely HATING it, when another of us, is right; thus, making them, wrong. One ASDer posted on here, one time, that he didn't need to be right----he just always IS!! LOL That particular person, BTW, has almost NEVER been right, IMO----cuz "right", is often subjective.

Two things some ASDers don't seem to understand: Just because they're often right in their little NT world, doesn't mean they'll be right, HERE----HERE, they will meet their match; cuz, everybody here, pretty much, is as nerdy, studies / researches / reads as much (if not, more), and knows just as much, if not more----so, HERE, they're not gonna be "special", like all their little NT family / friends have told them they are, and that just KILLS them!! The other thing they don't seem to heed, is that they know they don't like to be told they're wrong----so, why do they like to tell OTHER people, they're wrong?

Bottom line: I think it has to do with lacking in security, in oneself (whether NT or ASDer). Some ASDers are, understandably, lacking security in themselves, cuz most of us have been put-down our entire lives, by most others.

I've never been able to understand competition, between people----if somebody accomplishes alot of stuff, I'm like: "Wow, you did all that----COOL!!". I'm competitive with MYSELF----but, when others achieve, that doesn't make ME, of less value; so, I don't get it.

Anyway, I can't think of anything, really, in this regard, that NTs are, that ASDers are NOT----we're different from each other, in lots of other regards, but.....

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 10:54 am

I don't have to be right......no fun in that.

Ever consider that not every person who flies the Aspie flag is autistic? Some are just introverted nerds.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 10:59 am

ladyelaine wrote:

I have encountered all of that and more from NT women, but also from men, so I don't think it has anything to do with gender. I have experienced more of that from women though, but I think it's because I'm a woman too and most women treat each other differently than a man would treat a woman... I think. It's like many women want to somehow compete with other women and prove they're better than the other... or something? Not everyone of course, but I know a lot of women that make me feel that way. It might be same for men, I wouldn't know. Usually people see a person of same gender as a rival more easily than a person of the opposite sex... or that's at least what it looks like to me; I have no proof to back this up.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2017, 11:01 am

HistoryGal wrote:
Ever consider that not every person who flies the Aspie flag is autistic? Some are just introverted nerds.

:lol: dead right

However, it it just me or is this thread just a little on the sexist side.

BBC: Radio 4

Last edited by Voxish on 30 Aug 2017, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 11:05 am

Men definitely do this too....but amongst each other. People compete within their own gender for position.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 11:14 am

Men will compete with each other over their cars, yards, lawn mowers, church activities, their sons, jobs, and other stuff that men are into. Men are jerks to men that are unemployed. Men aren't into helping their fellow men find work unless that man is of extremely high social status.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 2:09 pm

Yup kiddo, that's the law of the jungle. I know a few blokes here and there that love helping others but mostly you won't find that.

I like finding people to help in one way or another. Even if it's just encouraging someone.

EmmaHyde
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Aug 2017, 10:01 pm

The one I struggle with (and I'm not sure if this goes for ASD women) is the touching and cuddling thing that NT women tend to do. I'm not sure when it's okay or not okay to do (even though I like being hugged or hugging my friends when I know its okay). Granted, I'm gay, so that adds a whole other level of confusion with it when I see this happen ( as I see this as an intimate act of trust /you don't do it in pubic, yet here they are cuddling/touching). High school was hell / making friends and social boundaries are confusing as frick.

-------
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
++++++