Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2018, 9:46 pm

I said something honest to a coworker today and they laughed. I was sitting here reviewing it and realized I couldn't tell which. Then I realized I usually can't. I considered asking for clarification but I'm not sure how it would come across. I'm OK being laughed at as long as it's not mean spirited. I can laugh at myself. But not being able to tell the difference is bothering me right now. Anyone else struggle with this?

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2018, 10:18 pm

As long as it's done in a good-natured way, I'm not sure there's that much of a difference.

I tend to think people like my quirks and often joke about them in a way that I think is good-natured. I make a comment about how this thing is different from all the others, and they joke to me that maybe I can do a statistical analysis of it. Is that laughing at me or laughing with me? Not really sure, but I take it in a good-natured way that seem to get a decent response from it, so it's all good.

Although it hasn't resulted in me having any friends...

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 9:26 am

People seem to like me and nobody really laughs at me. However, I feel I have plateaued somewhat in my life. Other people notice small changes, but I have stalled in some areas.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 5:07 pm

There have been many times where I would ask a question and the response would be laughter, followed by an answer...when I was not using my sense of humor.*shrugs*