Page 2 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 10:07 am

I never went to a reunion, not one. Hell, I don't even know when they were held. They also called me Brainy Smurf. In any case, I grew to despise high school to the ends and depths of my being. I didn't drop out because I do have a history of finishing whatever I've started and I was planning to go to college in a far away state anyway.

I also avoided reunions because of my long history of homelessness and drug abuse. Yes, I was one of those kids expected to have become a doctor or lawyer. Guess what? I failed. I didn't even have kids like everyone else in my family. Oh, well. You win some, you lose some.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2018, 11:56 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
In high school I did fairly well academically

And now I have only worked minimum wage jobs

Ashamed of failure

Furthermore I am a crossdresser

Bullying

It's just easier not to go

Did not have any or many friends in high school

So whatever

I echo most of this except the cross dressing lol.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2018, 11:59 am

Serpentine wrote:
Nope. Been there already, don't need to go back.

The kids were savage to me and the teachers had sky-high expectations for how far I was going in life, thinking that intelligence and academic ability would translate to instant success.

The kids who were so cruel would be delighted to see how low I am now and the teachers would be bitterly disappointed in my wasted potential.

Why don't I just make a flail out of razor wire and beat myself with it instead? It'll be just as much fun.

Autism, even the "high functioning" variety, causes problems in life that high IQ and good grades cant solve. Believe me when I say I know where you are coming from.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 12:07 pm

I dropped out of high school because it bored me to tears, reminded me of prior educational traumas, and I wanted to attend college (of which I also dropped out after three years due to financial reasons despite two or three simultaneous jobs).

As such, I have never been eligible to attend a reunion (graduates only). I would have enjoyed attending one, though. Based on what I have learned from former classmates, I made a bigger name for myself avocationally than all the "most likely" drama and athletic students in my graduating class did.

I would never have attended otherwise.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

armandreyes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Sep 2018, 2:24 pm

Exactly like me

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 9:14 pm

No, I do go to the major ones. I went to my 25th year reunion for the class that I graduated with. Many of them came up to me and actually talked to me, something that most of them would not do back then. The worst bully from my class is already dead by his own actions, so I knew that his bunch would not be there. I got to visit with my old high school chemistry teacher which made the trip worth it.

However, I will never attend any reunions of my previous middle high to sophomore school that I attended. Words cannot express how I feel about that place.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 1:42 pm

There hasn't been a reunion for my year yet (2012) but I have no intentions of ever going to one. I couldn't stand high school and it is something I'd like to forget.

Also, my unfortunate high school nickname was "Psycho Pig". :roll:

d057
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 5:25 pm

I graduated in 2011. I suppose there will be a ten-year reunion come 2021. They were talking about having a five year. But, I guess that fell through.

Will I be attending? I don't think so! There is a Facebook group for my graduating class. I left that group several years ago. I did that mainly because I wanted to downsize the list of numerous groups I was a member of.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 5:33 pm

Psycho pig? That's awful! I graduated in 2011 and I can't blame you for not wanting to ever attend class reunions.

TheSilentOne wrote:
There hasn't been a reunion for my year yet (2012) but I have no intentions of ever going to one. I couldn't stand high school and it is something I'd like to forget.

Also, my unfortunate high school nickname was "Psycho Pig". :roll:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 5:38 pm

I knew our ten-year reuinion was coming up, so I asked around, and I heard from someone, who heard from someone, who heard from someone else, that there was a Facebook group where a few people were talking about having one. There was no committee, no one tried to reach out to anyone, no nothing; it wasn't at all like it is on TV.

Since I wasn't invited, I didn't go. Since almost no one was invited, it ended up being like five people, and they went out for a night of bowling. Woo!

I wouldn't mind going to one, but I don't have high hopes of it ever happening.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 5:51 pm

Even though I graduated HS in 2008, I have no interest in going to any reunions. In fact, I just don't see the point as to why reunions are organized in the first place.

However since 2008, I have had many run-ins with old HS classmates and I just pretend I don't know them, or they are mistaking me for someone else, or just ignore them and keep going my way.

P_James_Moriarty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2018, 12:41 am

My 40 year high school reunion (graduating class of 26 kids) was about 2 or 3 weeks ago and held less that 2 blocks from where I live now. I saw no reason to go and relive being the outsider. Besides, I seriously don't remember having "friends" in school, so what would be the point?

Irulan84
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2018, 6:58 am

Yes, I do skip those as well. First of all, I don't want others to know that their classmate is on welfare although her beginnings were so promising - everybody expected me to become I even don't know who. Anyway, when it comes to my elementary school which you graduate from at 15 in Poland (from high school - at 19), I was bullied - I was called fugly, a whore and a barnacle (yes, this arthropod :x ).

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 7:15 am

Irulan84 wrote:
Yes, I do skip those as well. First of all, I don't want others to know that their classmate is on welfare although her beginnings were so promising - everybody expected me to become I even don't know who. Anyway, when it comes to my elementary school which you graduate from at 15 in Poland (from high school - at 19), I was bullied - I was called fugly, a whore and a barnacle (yes, this arthropod :x ).

On many levels I can relate to you as, I was tormented a great deal during my early years and really don't care to have something that reminds me of that time(s). Princess Irulan84, I think your a most repesctable,honorable,kindhearted person from my own standpoint that is.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2018, 7:17 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Even though I graduated HS in 2008, I have no interest in going to any reunions. In fact, I just don't see the point as to why reunions are organized in the first place.

However since 2008, I have had many run-ins with old HS classmates and I just pretend I don't know them, or they are mistaking me for someone else, or just ignore them and keep going my way.

I remember coming across said persons as you have illustrated in your post, and no way was I delighted to encounter such persons at all.In fact, I was always seen as the hyper eccentric person without using colorful names here.

Irulan84
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2018, 7:19 am

Thank you for your kind words :)