Page 6 of 28 [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 28  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2011, 1:42 pm

A speedometer.

As33
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2011, 9:22 am

As far back as I can remember I wanted to be a scientist. They did teach science at school then so it must have been the documentaries. Now I've narrowed it down and have a conditional place for a Chemistry degree!

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 9:29 am

Quote:
What did you want to be as a kid

fed, then left alone.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 1:50 am

I first wanted to dig for dinosaurs, then I wanted to join the special ops and get to play with all sorts of guns. Jurassic park, military/dinosaur picture books, and an enormous imagination greatly influenced this.

faithfilly
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 3:52 pm

My first choice was a jockey. My second choice was a race car driver.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 5:34 pm

An archeologist

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2011, 2:45 am

I wanted to be a cartoonist when I was a kid. I guess I just always liked the fantasy world more than reality. In fantasy worlds the good guys would find some why to triumph their problems. I always liked that. In the real world, well... we all know like is :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:. Well I ended up going to college to learn animation. Yeah I've learned it and I'm a better artist, but the real world won't leave me alone. So I guess I forgot to think about the whole happiness part.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 4:07 am

Being a mad scientist is somthing I have always wanted to be.. being left alone to research create and invent with little care for money or employment, just science.

Aerith
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2011, 12:37 am

Originally, a urologist (I should've known I was gay at that point). After my tremors got more severe and then became permanent, that dream was quashed and turned into software developer.

Funny. There's a good chance I'll end up doing so...and it's near the bottom on my list of interesting careers by now...

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 10:40 pm

Paleontologist. I loved the adventure and the boring/geeky romance of traveling the world just to sit out in the desert with a brush digging up old dead things. The science and geography fascinated me.

But my depressing family would always say things like, "by the time you get around to it, they'll have dug up all the dinosaurs!"
They actively discouraged my passion and didn't offer alternatives.

These days, I still do work with science, but not nearly in the way I envisioned.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2011, 10:01 pm

I wanted to be an inventor, like Dr. Light in Mega Man. I wanted to become just like him; old and with white hair and a long, fluffy white beard and all.

Now I just obsess over my looks, want to die latest at 39, so I don't get to become too old, and am overwhelmingly unhappy.

DF
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jun 2011, 1:08 am

I wanted to be Batman, Robocop or Beetlejuice. Later on I wanted to be a paleontologist.

NowWhat
Raven
Raven

11 Jun 2011, 11:57 pm

I wanted to be a bush pilot in Alaska. Fly and fish.

styphon
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2011, 2:12 pm

I was a pretty standard geeky kid. I wanted to be a doctor, I was obsessed with body parts and anatomical drawings. I had my mother, who was an artist, draw me realistic body parts I'd take out of a huge 5 foot two layered paper person.

Also wanted to be a chemist, i loved chemical reactions. I liked seeing different things combine and change states/colors/state.

AdamFrancis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

..I didn´t know people grow up.

Fryecustoms
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2011, 7:02 pm

When i was a kid I didnt really give it much thought, but to get people to leave me alone id tell them i wanted to be a pilot. wish i would have given it more thought though didnt relize how fast growing up really would be lol oh well. all i can say is im just glad i have a stable job now been doing security for five years now yay.