Woman rapes husband's autistic brother, gives birth to child

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 1:03 pm

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/flori ... d-deputies

Quote:

Florida woman allegedly rapes husband's younger brother, gives birth to his child: deputies

MONROE COUNTY, Fla. - A Florida woman has found herself behind bars after she allegedly raped her husband's younger brother with autism and gave birth to his child, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

Amanda Brooks, 34, was arrested last week and charged with felony sexual assault, false information to law enforcement officer regarding a felony and knowingly giving false information to law enforcement officer after the incident that began to unfold about 10 years ago, according to an arrest affidavit.

In June 2022, Brooks contacted the Monroe County Sheriff's Office and reported that she was sexually assaulted by her husband and his younger brother, according to the affidavit. She supplied officials with an alleged list of events that occurred between February and April of 2022, and also said she was "coerced and forced" to engage in sexual activities and was "verbally and psychologically abused," the affidavit added.

Because of this alleged abuse, Brooks and her children absconded to the Orlando area, where she submitted a written statement to Orlando police that was sent back to Monroe County. She also provided emails full of detailed information, including screenshots of messages with friends depicting herself as a "victim of abuse and mistreatment by the family of her husband, and continued to insist she was being harassed by them about her having left with her children," the affidavit said.

In July 2022, however, the mother of Brooks' brother-in-law said her son was actually the victim in this case, and Brooks was the one who allegedly raped him, the affidavit said.

Brooks allegedly entered her brother-in-law's room on several occasions and sexually battered him, something that had been going on for 10 years, deputies said. He has autism, and could not have consented to these sexual acts, his mother told deputies.

The man told deputies Brooks allegedly forced sex upon him four times that he could recall, first starting 10 years prior and three other times in 2022, the affidavit said. He recalled incidents that happened in February, March and May of 2022 where he told Brooks "no" and "they shouldn't do this," the affidavit added. Brooks allegedly replied, "be quiet," don't "tell anyone" and "it was okay" because it "made her feel good."

Brooks' husband denied having any involvement sexually with Brooks during this time, saying she was "withholding sexual contact from him" even though he noticed she had an ovulation tracker, the affidavit said.

In September 2022, deputies were made aware that Brooks was several months pregnant.

"Amanda did not return multiple attempts to reach her for further interview and did not provide any corroboration of her allegations," the affidavit said. "She also hired a defense attorney that did not return calls or emails."

DNA samples were taken in April and May 22 from Brooks' husband and brother-in-law, as well as the unborn child at the time. In October, DNA test results showed that the brother-in-law was the biological father of Brooks' baby, the affidavit said.

Brooks gave birth to the child on Jan. 9, 2023.

Deputies said they could not find evidence to support any of Brooks' recollection and an arrest warrant was issued. She was arrested Dec. 10 and remains in jail in Monroe County on $150,000 bond, arrest records show.

Seems an odd story. Just being autistic doesn't mean that you don't like sex.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 1:59 pm

The quotes make her sound like a child molester, which (to me) suggests this guy wasn't capable of giving informed consent.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 2:46 pm

Quote:
He has autism, and could not have consented to these sexual acts,...
8O

Forcing sexual acts upon him against his will is wrong.

But I'm married and do not want anyone to tell my bride I can't consent to sexual acts because I'm Autistic!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 2:55 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Quote:
He has autism, and could not have consented to these sexual acts,...
8O

Forcing sexual acts upon him against his will is wrong.

But I'm married and do not want anyone to tell my bride I can't consent to sexual acts because I'm Autistic!

To be fair, that's the victim's mother's opinion of her son, not an opinion that's applicable more broadly.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 3:08 pm

I think that most people are sexual beings whether or not they're on the spectrum.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 3:49 pm

A more common complaint among young Autistic men is "Waaahhhh! I can't get laid!"

Possibly the fellow is mentally ret*d in addition to being autistic.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 3:54 pm

Well.. :D .

Its about time someone broke the "Florida Man" glass ceiling! It's refreshing to hear about a "Florida WOMAN" engaged in idiocy and depravity!

Florida Man" was getting to be a monotonous headline! :D

But ...Yeah it is a Jerry Springeresque case for sure.

How old was the autistic guy when this allegedly started ten years ago? Was he legal?

How autistic is he? What functioning level?

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 4:08 pm

There are indeed many Florida Man headlines there

Florida man chucks spicy Nashville Hot chicken at Wawa employee because it was 'uncooked': deputies https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/flori ... d-deputies

Florida man arrested after hurling sausage at his brother: deputies https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/flori ... d-deputies

Florida man destroys framed photo of Ron DeSantis displayed at bar, owner says https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/flori ... owner-says

Florida man drives himself to jail after killing newlyweds outside their home, deputies say: 'Anger took over' https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/flori ... puties-say

Quote:

How old was the autistic guy when this allegedly started ten years ago? Was he legal?

How autistic is he? What functioning level?

I don't know, but according to the article

Quote:

Brooks allegedly entered her brother-in-law's room on several occasions and sexually battered him, something that had been going on for 10 years

Ten years of "sexual battering?" and

Quote:

Brooks' husband denied having any involvement sexually with Brooks during this time, saying she was "withholding sexual contact from him" even though he noticed she had an ovulation tracker,

Weird Florida family

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 4:32 pm

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/flori ... -affidavit

Free Santa.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 4:42 pm

Funny, but if it was "woman gets r**** by husband's autistic brother and gives birth to child", or "autistic woman --- by husband's brother ...", no one would bat an eyelash.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 5:17 pm

There doesn't seem to be any evidence either way, it's a 'he said, she said' situation.

To be honest, I'm inclined to believe the woman.
The in-laws realised they were about to be charged with abusing her, so they turned it the other way and accused her instead. Because of the baby, the only way they could do that was to say that she was a rapist. They think they can get away with it by claiming the brother has autism and hence cannot consent.

I may well be wrong, who knows? That's just my initial interpretation of the situation.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 5:30 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Funny, but if it was "woman gets r**** by husband's autistic brother and gives birth to child", or "autistic woman --- by husband's brother ...", no one would bat an eyelash.

I'd like to believe we'd do more than just bat an eye over any of those.

Taking advantage of someone who's incapable of giving consent really ought to be condemned regardless of the gender or sex details.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 5:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Taking advantage of someone who's incapable of giving consent really ought to be condemned regardless of the gender or sex details.

On that, I agree.
IF the authorities have got it the right way around and the woman is the rapist, she should face the consequences.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 5:53 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Not sure what your point is.

In either of your two scenarios. would be horrified and demand that the man (in either case) be thrown into the slammer.

But it wouldnt surprise anyone. Thats kinda the point.

Predators are supposed to be men.

A male being victimized by a female predator is counterintuitive to normal assumptions. Even if it actually happens sometimes. Which it does.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 5:55 pm

Of course it does. It's tragic either way. I just find it odd that people care when it happens to men, but for the most part they expect it to happen to women so they don't even react.

I wasn't trying to be droll. If it really happened it's tragic, just like all SA.

Kolica
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Dec 2023, 5:59 pm

Honey69 wrote:
Seems an odd story. Just being autistic doesn't mean that you don't like sex.

The brother probably have a more severe cause of autism.