Poll ended at 31 Dec 2017, 2:44 pm
Yes. 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
No. 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 4

Solo_Operator
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Nov 2017, 2:44 pm

In 2017 I started attending Al anon. Heard of it? It helped. In 2017 I also finally asked my girlfriend of 2 years to marry me. She said yes then recently gave the ring back. I've discovered the extroverted alcoholics only hook up with people they can walk all over. I think that ex-girlfriend was only my girlfriend as a dare from her friends to mess with someone with Asperger's. The people who introduced us two years ago said they didn't want to hear about it when things didn't work out. Ominous sounding eh? I think if I could just find another autistic I'd be ok, and somehow if I could avoid those who pick on people like us... I'd be better off.

Back to Al anon. It helps. For example it says: "We remain in destructive or loveless relationships because we fear abandonment." That helps me. Does that resonate with anyone else? I attend al anon three times a week and will go the rest of my life. It's for spouses of alcoholics. I used to tie my own self worth in making others happy. Now I have a 10 year old daughter with a red headed alcoholic. They had to be extremely happy for me to perceive it. Imagine my popularity when I tied my happiness to others being overtly happy? Now I'm more baseline by practicing al anon principles. Back to my normal, boring solo operator existence. Heard of Al Anon?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 3:00 pm

I seriously doubt someone would waste two years of their life being in a relationship for a “joke” or a “dare”. This isn’t middle school. 2 years of your life is a long time.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 3:27 pm

:|