Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2018, 10:46 pm

All they do is whine and moan and go on and on it's never their fault that they can't get a woman, or a life. The Kings of Cringe. How am I supposed to feel safe and welcome here when every little thing we women say the men take as a threat to their overly-inflated egos? Enough is enough! Ya basta!

Deemar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Nov 2018, 12:38 am

It's easier to complain about something rather than make any attempt at fixing it.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2018, 12:47 am

I'm sick of the men on any planet, generally speaking. But I have settled for a situation where they don't make demands on me and I don't make demands on them. Look at your list!

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Nov 2018, 1:07 am

We are not all like that.... Some certainly are but by no means everyone here.

I can't really speak on behalf of the straight guys around here as I'm not straight and so women can feel comfortable with me as a friend who wants nothing more.

That bunch of guys must take some responsibility to fix their own issues and not blame everyone else.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 7:26 am

The OP's not mistaken; the brutal misogyny, impotent misplaced rage, and overwhelming egocentric self pity constantly excreted by several males here is so toxic and pervasive that sometimes I have to disengage and take a break from this site.
I realize that the mods try to maintain minimum standards of behavior, but I wish that the bar wasn't set so abysmally low.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2018, 8:54 am

Piobaire wrote:
the brutal misogyny, impotent misplaced rage, and overwhelming egocentric self pity

Those powerful words ring so true that I can't leave them alone. We must note: WP is where you can let that evil stuff out if you put it in the right place. Joke: let's make a Forum called 'Brutal ... etc.'

You need not let that stick to you. The best antidote is Krafty Kortie. Really. Start there and seek out decent men, maybe in the same threads.

Back in the 1970s women's consciousness raising groups, I thought we would change the world. At the time, men thought the meetings were about them. No, they were about women ourselves, and look how we have changed the role of women! But I can't think of how men could work a similar miracle for themselves. They'd be free. But as long as they think it's "out there" then it'll persist.

I think there is a start - the anti-bullying movement. Children everywhere, and adults in the workplace, are being taught all about it. That could be the beginning of a much better world.

Last edited by Claradoon on 23 Nov 2018, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2018, 9:04 am

I suppose that's easier than to realize we're all responsible for how our life looks. What really boggles my mind is how often they recieve good advice on how to turn your life around but all they respond to that is by bringing up why their life is so bad AGAIN - of course it can never get better if your focus is on how bad everything is, everything starts with the mindset you have, you attract and pay attention to what you're focused on. It's like they don't actually want a change but instead enjoy that victim role of theirs, not that they'd ever admit it, many people are like that because it's more comfortable to be the victim than to make all the effort to change things. Sort of like the people who complain about how they never lose weight yet refuse to exercise or eat a healthier diet, they just expect to get what they want without the effort.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 9:07 am

I'm the kind of guy who likes other guys. Just saying.

And frankly I see women hating men just as much as I see men hating women all the time.

Why can't they just get along with each other and realize we need both men and women to keep the human species alive?

Last edited by TW1ZTY on 23 Nov 2018, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2018, 9:08 am

@superaliengirl - you don't specify, are you talking about men or women?

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 9:59 am

Women are expected to play a more passive role in dating so of course female Autists have an easier time dating than men.

I find it funny how if someone posted a title with "I am sick of the *Any other demographic* " it would be considered hate speech and attacked immediately.

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Nov 2018, 10:53 am

Please report any posts that break the rules.

I think the issue is that those who have the hardest time are also the most outspoken. The men on Wrong Planet with a healthy dating life aren’t posting as much in the love and dating forum.

Also every time I try to give good advice that actually works, I notice other guys who don’t have much experience dating will be quick to contradict my useful advice which makes me worry that others may be confused.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 12:19 pm

alex wrote:
Please report any posts that break the rules.

The above and
People need to be reminded of the rules on occasion to hopefully lesson the rules being broken and upsetting people in the first place.

The rules are on a sticky post on top of each section but I have a feeling that they are read once or twice then forgotten about. A seperate reminder thread both regularly scheduled and as needed might help.

Sections most of need of this are IMHO are Love and Dating, PPR, and News and Current Events.

Topic that most needs to be addressed IMHO is negative description of groups.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 23 Nov 2018, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 12:32 pm

This is why I stay away from the love and dating forum. I made a post in the superficial deal breaker post but that was it. Some guys on this forum seem to have a long list of physical deal breakers. What DO they want the ideal woman on the spectrum let alone NT women to be?

If it wasn’t for my good self esteem, I would have left WP by now.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 2:21 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
All they do is whine and moan and go on and on it's never their fault that they can't get a woman, or a life. The Kings of Cringe. How am I supposed to feel safe and welcome here when every little thing we women say the men take as a threat to their overly-inflated egos? Enough is enough! Ya basta!
The saddest part is that they really don’t seem as interested in “getting” a woman, a job, or a life, as they seem to be more invested in acquiring attention and arguing with people. As Alex said...
Quote:
... every time i try to give good advice that actually works, I notice other guys who don’t have much experience dating will be quick to contradict my useful advice...
Same here. Not even personal testimony along the lines of “I was once just like you, and here’s what I did to fix it” doesn’t seem to work. They will either claim that the person giving the testimony simply “got lucky”, that the person giving the testimony is lying outright, or they will completely ignore any such testimony as if it had never been posted in the first place.

Suggest a solution to their problem, and watch them reply with every possible excuse as to why the solution would never work for them, even though they have never even tried the suggested solution for themselves.

Refute every argument the offer, and watch them either complain that you are attacking them, or they threaten to commit some form of self-harm.

If no enablers come to their support, they will abandon the old thread and start a new thread with a subject line that is only slightly different from every previous subject line — I mean, it isn’t spamming the website if they don’t use the exact same wording each time, now is it?

The best way to deal with these narcissistic, self-centered trolls is to simply ignore them — Do Not Feed The Trolls — and hope that they will either grow up and learn to live like responsible adults, or go away and never come back.

Harsh words, I know, but I am not the one who started this thread, and even Alex seems fed up with those people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 2:30 pm

alex wrote:
... I think the issue is that those who have the hardest time are also the most outspoken. The men on Wrong Planet with a healthy dating life aren’t posting as much in the love and dating forum...
I don’t know about the others, Alex, but as for me, posting a “How To” guide for relationships seems to be met with either bland affirmation or hostile denial — I can recall only one member here who reported success in any great detail in my ten years on this website.

It’s not that the advice isn’t useful — successful men do acknowledge that it works — it just seems that those of us who have figured out how to “get a girlfriend” and maintain a relationship really don’t need very much more advice, and those who can’t (or won’t) figure out how to “get a girlfriend” don’t really seem to want any advice — they just seem to want the attention that complaining about their involuntary celibacy gets them.

Attention-seeking seems to be the operative motivation in each “I can’t get a girlfriend” thread, in my honest opinion.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2018, 4:19 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
I find it funny how if someone posted a title with "I am sick of the *Any other demographic* " it would be considered hate speech and attacked immediately.

Mea culpa! I apologize.