Is it weird for guys with long hair to wear earrings?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2024, 12:19 pm

The whole ear thing is just dumb. I had just my left ear pierced for a long time but then got my right one done sometime later on, as it looks better IMO

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 May 2024, 3:53 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
If someone of any gender wore a ring through both nostrils in their nose, it meant they were bisexual, or they ate human flesh.
Women with that can be quite cute sometimes :drunken:

Has there been stereotypes about guys with earrings being in prison or gangs? I think I heard something about that before but don't remember the deets.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 5:21 am

Never heard that ...about prison.

And hard core prison is a BAD place for even women to wear pierced ear ear rings...I would think. Because if you get into physical fights its a weak spot to grab you.

But long hair covers up your ear rings. Thats why Black folks dont get tattoos. Whats the point of using black paint on a black canvas? Its dumb because no one can see your painting.

Oh yeah...Black folks DO get tattoos anyway these days(despite the absurd lack of color contrast with their skin). Well...I guess stupidity shouldnt stand in the way of fashion! So...long haired guys...go ahead and be dumb and get ear rings too! :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 4:49 pm

When I was a teenager I used to draw a teenage boy character with an earring because that's what was "cool" at the time, but I had no clue that the right ear is supposed to be "gay" side. So when other kids saw my drawing they'd ask, "Is he gay?" He wasn't, but I didn't understand at the time and I probably just randomly switched the earring from one ear to the other. Kind of like when a video game character, like Link, is holding their weapon in their opposite hand because they were just "flipped". Except I drew the whole character by hand and didn't think of such details at the time.

Now I know that many people not only notice such things but they very deeply care about them, and one mistake could mean the end of your whole art career. :oops:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 5:12 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
When I was a teenager I used to draw a teenage boy character with an earring because that's what was "cool" at the time, but I had no clue that the right ear is supposed to be "gay" side. So when other kids saw my drawing they'd ask, "Is he gay?" He wasn't, but I didn't understand at the time and I probably just randomly switched the earring from one ear to the other. Kind of like when a video game character, like Link, is holding their weapon in their opposite hand because they were just "flipped". Except I drew the whole character by hand and didn't think of such details at the time.

Now I know that many people not only notice such things but they very deeply care about them, and one mistake could mean the end of your whole art career. :oops:

I wouldn't let bad reactions deter your interest in art. High school kids are gonna act like high school kids, if they want to be negative they'll find an excuse.