Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 7:52 am

I was just gonna say that I wonder where the OP went.

Please come to your thread and respond! :D

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 2:57 pm

Well understanding what I wrote maybe hard to wrap a mind around..but if you read closely enough you can see that it is the refinement of natural substances in a labratory. Is indeed a form of homeopathy .
Qoute: TP
"Also, medications one gets from real doctors that are derived from natural substances are often extremely condensed in laboratories to make them effective. That ain’t homeopathy, and that doesn’t support the use of homeopathic remedies in any way. While some substances can be minorly beneficial, they do not compare with treatments one gets from a real doctor. They can also be dangerous if they are used as a replacement for real medicine given their lack of efficacy and homeopaths’ lack of medical knowledge . "

In the real world , how substances can effect a person phsiology. In minute amounts. Homeopathic substances have indeed been proven as I quoted in the above NIH article .
Aspirin is salyciluc acid broken down from white willow bark extract ....The model , people in the USA have been programmed to buy into through various Corporate business, masquerading as authorities ..Get on your VPN look at other research in foriegn countries.. Abject trust in MDs , and my moms faith in them, would have left me in a wheelchair and a vegatable diagnosis for life." Do your own research," have faith in the things you read, that you are understanding what you are reading, then check sources from several countries, find reputatble practicioners, find
out for yourself ..Have used myself as a guinee pig, for a big part of my life . And have had great respect for my own living bodies anatomy . Have gone over and over, on things that the of the odd person might reccomend , especially my elders ,and I am no youngster,for a long time . And spent months perserverating on Researching the substance of what ,was told to me. Or I had read from various doctors research." I AM a Skeptic " . Get yourself knowleagble background in kniwing more precisely how your bodies Physiology works . Various glands and components effect each other , and how trace a,ounts of various minerals etc. Can durectly affect the health of these internal organs .
Stop taking for granted what any Doctors ever tell, you . go with Research..and meet first hand users of alternative techniques to Western style medicine.. It is a business, designed to make money for people.
ER doctors might keep you alive..but they can often be very poor at healing . (except for Orthopods) Who set bones.
If you need to go further look into chinese traditional medicine, the traditional Indian Medicine. (Vedic) medicines .
Do Your Own Research .. do not care how much you like your own MD .
Disclaimer: (Not meant replace any of your current providers Protocols)
^^^. above only added as a legal disclaimer^^^^

where ever you go ,there you are

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 3:26 pm

^ That is not what homeopathy is.

Quote:
Homeopathy believes that using extremely minute diluted amounts of plants and minerals can help the body repair itself by promoting healing.

This alternative medicine remains popular worldwide. However, there’s no strong evidence for homeopathy’s effectiveness greater than a placebo.

Homeopathic doctors, also known as homeopaths, dilute or weaken an ingredient by adding water or alcohol. The product then is shaken, or “potentiated,” to activate its properties. Then, one part of that mixture is diluted with more water or alcohol. This process is repeated until the desired potency is reached.

A common potency or strength of a homeopathic remedy is 200c. That means that one part of the tincture, the extract of the ingredient, is mixed with 99 parts water or alcohol. This process is repeated 200 times. This is a high level of dilution and none of the initial plant-based raw material or mineral may remain in the final tincture.

“Some homeopaths propose that homeopathic remedies work as nanomedicine,” says Dr. Lin. “They believe the original ingredient is broken down through potentization into nanoparticles, even if it’s below the level of detection.”

However, no scientific studies have demonstrated this theory to be true.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/what-is-homeopathy

Homeopathy and naturopathy are two different things.
Quote:
Naturopathy, also known as naturopathic medicine, combines many different types of treatments. Those methods may include lifestyle changes, herbal supplements, exercise therapy and psychotherapy.

“Naturopathic physicians are trained through a four-year graduate level program and a certified naturopathic medical school,” says Dr. Lin.

However, make sure you do your homework. People may claim to be a naturopath but may have no naturopathic training, as requirements vary from state to state.
I would prefer seeing regular doctors. Herbal supplements can be expensive because they aren't normally covered by insurance, and they often have little effectiveness outside of a placebo. If a supplement is prescribed by a real doctor because its efficacy in treating a certain condition has been backed by research, I would be okay with that.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 8:25 am

So...
"one C" is one percent strength.

2c would be 100 squared to one (10 thousand).

3c would be one million parts water to one part medicine.

One millionth.

So the standard 200c is...a one...followed by 200 zeros...to one.

You wouldnt be able to have a single molecule (nor even atom) left after you watered it down THAT much.
====
Lets do the numbers.

There are 7.8 x 10 to the 24th water molecules in a cup of water.

So if you drank a cup of water that only had one molecule of medicine mixed in water...that would a "mixture" of 7.8 x 10 to the 24th water molecules to one molecule of the other chemical.

Call it "8 x 10^24", or lets make ten...ten times ten to the 24th...which would be "one times ten to the 25th". Compare that to the standard mix of: one times 10^200.

At the standard mix for homeopathy you would get one molecule of medicine for every 10^175 cups you drank. The rest of the 10^175 cups would have NO medicine at all.

The number of atoms in the known universe is thought to be about 10^85. THAT number squared is 10^170.

So...if you drank a number of cups of water equal to ...the number of atoms in the known universe multiplied BY the number of atoms in the known universe ...you would only have a one in 10^5 chance of getting one molecule of medicinal chemical! :lol:

Thats how homeopathy works!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 12:23 pm

uhmm.. it is the absolute minority of Homeopathic preparations that are Liquid. but You all are corrct on miniscuele diluted amounts.
This above comparison maybe flawed ?? but , i do understand the point that is being presented ..
Say for instance.. Your doctor knew to to be Asthmatic,, and wanted to prescribea tablet , that had bella dona Alkaloids in it ..You canot prescibe that in anything but the most dilute preparation, in order to get the beneficial effect on the body.
To stop congesting the lungs , And anymore that a tiny amount of Bella Donna, has a great potential to be absolutely deadly poisonous. And cause death quickly..... Have had the opportunity to use homeopathic substances over the years based on other older peoples reccomendations.. With 95% success rate .. Am merely sharing my experience.. Only ever been to one naturopath about a year ago whom prescribed some homeopathic additions to the frugal treatment, i recieved from her..That being said , once again educate yourself on this stuff.. Snd btw, I do not think I would
patronize ( use andbody whom claimed to be a homeopathic practitioner , unless they could present good references from people that, i might know... Otherwise the old adage that " Sheep do not Look up" applies here..
Do your own due diligence please. :| ( research stuff)
The newer thought in real health practices for humans and living things is to gravitate towards , promoting healing in most things having to do with the supposed illness that creatures are subject to.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 1:12 pm

If the homeopathic "medicine" seems to work, it's nearly always because of the placebo effect, or because the body healed itself after the illness ran its course. It's like that joke I heard about the guy who took a quack cure for the common cold, and claimed it worked because in only 7-10 days, he was cured. :lol:

But seriously, taking even a small amount of something that normally causes symptoms in a healthy person to cure the same symptoms in a sick person really doesn't make sense. I once saw a homeopathic remedy online for treating vomiting that contained ipecac, which is supposed to *make* you throw up and was once commonly given to people who had ingested poison. There's probably not enough ipecac in it to actually do much of anything, but when in the comments said it didn't work I wondered if they maybe had eating disorders thought they could use it to purge themselves.

Also autism is so not a disease, but I wonder what kind of homeopathy is supposed to keep you from doing things like humiliating your family members by lining up your collection of My Little Pony figures, or even having them in the first place, or squirming and writhing like you've ants crawling on your skin got a when you have to wear an itchy, bulky sweater. :roll:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 1:27 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
If the homeopathic "medicine" seems to work, it's nearly always because of the placebo effect, or because the body healed itself after the illness ran its course. It's like that joke I heard about the guy who took a quack cure for the common cold, and claimed it worked because in only 7-10 days, he was cured. :lol:

But seriously, taking even a small amount of something that normally causes symptoms in a healthy person to cure the same symptoms in a sick person really doesn't make sense. I once saw a homeopathic remedy online for treating vomiting that contained ipecac, which is supposed to *make* you throw up and was once commonly given to people who had ingested poison. There's probably not enough ipecac in it to actually do much of anything, but when in the comments said it didn't work I wondered if they maybe had eating disorders thought they could use it to purge themselves.

Also autism is so not a disease, but I wonder what kind of homeopathy is supposed to keep you from doing things like humiliating your family members by lining up your collection of My Little Pony figures, or even having them in the first place, or squirming and writhing like you've ants crawling on your skin got a when you have to wear an itchy, bulky sweater. :roll:

Just incidentally the treatment using Tiny amounts of Bella Donna alkaloids .. is a modern medicine Allopathic
pharmacuetucal medicine .. j{ prescription Med}. incase , i forgot to add that . . . .?

Looking like the OP deserte the thread ? wonder how that turned out , although keeping peace with your wife could be a big thing

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 1:32 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

Yeah. Was wondering that too.

Maybe...forcing you to watch ...a short snippet of "My Little Pony" would cause you to avoid anything associated with "My Little Pony"?

Or watching ten seconds of Star Trek would ...shock your body in such a way that...you suddenly stop being a Trekkie?

Of course that would be "treating the embarrassing symptoms", and not "treating the disease". But it would following homeopathic logic. Treating with a mild dose of the thing itself. Lol!

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 2:21 pm

My understanding of the "too dilute to contain even a single molecule of the active ingredient" is that it's a probability thing - at some stage you've diluted it down to the point where there's only a few molecules in the current dilution. Next, you take a small volume of that and add it to more diluent. A molecule might be in the amount you take, or it might not. As you continue to dilute, it becomes extremely unlikely that even one molecule remains in your final "dilution."

Proponents sometimes say that the diluent has a "memory" of the active ingredient, and that it's the memory that's pharmacologically active. The scientists I talked to at work confirmed that some substances - notably large proteins - have a property that could be called a memory. For example, you can unfold a protein, i.e. stretch it out into a straight chain, and then refold it back into its original coiled shape. The refolded protein appears identical to the original, natural protein, but its structure has acquired a tendency to suddenly collapse. But they also said that the structure of water and of alcohol is incapable of such "memory," as the molecules are just too small.

There are one or two supposedly evidence-based therapies that use very small amounts of active ingredient. The only one I know about is a process that attempts to desensitise the patient to an allergy. The allergen is injected at a concentration so low that it doesn't trigger an allergic reaction. After repeating that a few times, the concentration is increased a bit, and the process is repeated at the stronger dose, and so on, until the patient is getting the dose that they'd get in everyday life. It's thought that the body has time to adapt to the allergen.

I asked what percentage of patients the therapy worked on, but was only told that when it didn't work it couldn't be proved that the patient had followed the instructions properly, so that a negative result wasn't really strong evidence of the therapy's failure. Naturally I remain somewhat skeptical, because if there's no known way to demonstrate an assertion to be false, it can't be properly tested for efficacy. But, like homeopathy, no direct harm comes from trying it, and the indirect harms are much the same also.