The USPS doesn't deliver mail on Sunday.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 May 2024, 8:53 pm

My parents only get regular mail delivered about two days a week. The post office picks up their mail Monday through Saturday but they seem to only deliver about two days a werk. My parents canceled their newspaper suscription a couple years ago because the company started using the post office to deliver it. They would receive sale papers & coupon books from various stores the day things ended or expired.

Jakki wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I remember I had a package delivered on a Sunday once. It was supposed to be delivered earlier during the week but got delayed or lost for a couple days. I guess it finally turned up at local office Saturday evening & got considered a high priority due to circumstances of being late.

Its a weird mentality there, Supervisors go into a panic if bigger stuff gets left behind, Depending on the Grade of Postage . But its great if your into overtime .. :D (From a postal employee Point of veiw.)
It's crazier during the holiday season. They can go about a week without delivering any mail & then deliver a bunch of stuff at once.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2024, 9:22 pm

nick007 wrote:
My parents only get regular mail delivered about two days a week. The post office picks up their mail Monday through Saturday but they seem to only deliver about two days a werk. My parents canceled their newspaper suscription a couple years ago because the company started using the post office to deliver it. They would receive sale papers & coupon books from various stores the day things ended or expired.

Jakki wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I remember I had a package delivered on a Sunday once. It was supposed to be delivered earlier during the week but got delayed or lost for a couple days. I guess it finally turned up at local office Saturday evening & got considered a high priority due to circumstances of being late.

Its a weird mentality there, Supervisors go into a panic if bigger stuff gets left behind, Depending on the Grade of Postage . But its great if your into overtime .. :D (From a postal employee Point of veiw.)
It's crazier during the holiday season. They can go about a week without delivering any mail & then deliver a bunch of stuff at once.

:D :D :jester: :D :D
The Post Office At Xmas time .... Thats a month or so of being in a Madhouse Everyday You go to Work...Some Carriers get Silly .. Some get Vacation ..Some get very Quiet... You get a very Dark fatalistic sort of Humour at 5:30 am..in weeks around Christmas...One month your lugging around 20-30 pounds of a mail sack for foot deliveries, per street,Next week , its 50-65 or more pounds on your shoulder . per street per day. not including the circulars and advertising flyers.. The Postal office would be a feild day for Psyche professionals during the Holidays :skull:

where ever you go ,there you are

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 10:27 pm

Australia Post doesn't deliver on. Saturdays or Sundays either. But having mail delivered 5 days a week is fine.

We get private companies delivering parcels whenever, even on Sundays. Startrack, FedEx, etc. I can't remember their names. Sometimes they don't have any identification on the side of their vans. They're just plain white.

I'm currently waiting for two parcels. I like it when they have a decent tracking system and it can be tracked down to the very hour I'll receive something.