Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2024, 3:01 pm

Comics: both have had strong and weak points. Marvel revolutionized comics in 60s and DC didn't catch up until the 80s, but since then DC has been more experimental with developing new lines like Vertigo. DC dominates when it comes to the amount of reprintable evergreen stories. Overall, I'd say they're on equal footing in quality.

Movies: Marvel dominates cinema but has run out of steam, while DC is still struggling to find its footing with anything that isn't Batman.

Animation: DC dominates. Marvel has had many successful animation projects, but has not invested in the medium as much as DC. Because of the sheer volume of DC product, there are as many flops as there are successes.

Overall: while it is subjective, the zeitgeist seems to favor Marvel overall. Personally, while I love both, DC feels more like "home" while Marvel is an exciting place to visit.

angelsonthemoon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 May 2024, 3:25 pm

I want both studios to well because rivalries can motivate better creations.

What DC needs to do in the future is to stick to a plan. The first Captain America did decently. Then Winter Soldier blew up. They didn't change their whole plan when the first could have done better, they just made minor adjustments, and it paid off. Give people time for the actors and characters to grow on them.

From what I've seen of DC's animated stuff, it's always been pretty underrated. Sometimes the TV shows were pretty good too. The Flash's first two seasons had great moments.