A Creature Landed in the Wrong Planet! ฅ՞•ﻌ•՞ฅ

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MoeTrashPanda
Raven
Raven

08 May 2024, 8:36 am

utterly absurd wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet!
As for animal factoids, hmmmm... owls have one ear higher than the other, which allows them to better hear exactly where a sound is coming from.
Also, snakes don't have ears at all, but they "hear" by feeling vibrations in the ground.
I guess I'm obsessed with ears.

Thank you!!

AhhHHH that makes total sense! I knew owls had very complex ears, but didn't know that they were positioned asymmetrically!

I think I read somewhere that while snakes lack an outer and middle ear, they do have the workings internally for an inner ear! They can hear, but not superrr well. I would imagine they use vibrations, and their thermal vision much more than they use hearing =3! Thanks for the info!! !

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 8:40 am

Henlo! Welcome to the forum! It's great to hear that you found us while exploring topics related to autism. Feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences here. As for book recommendations, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon might interest you. Enjoy your time here!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 8:45 am

Welcome to WP! :alien:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 10:41 am

MoeTrashPanda wrote:
It's pretty rough out there trying to exist in an office ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ. I just want to make my moneyz and go home! Our office constantly has parties and social gatherings that are an introvert's nightmare.

What worked for me is to exist as 2 beings. One is my work being and the other is my home being. They are very different people. It is like living as Peter Pan. He exist in two very different worlds and travels freely between them.

One thing to know. About 50 percent of the people in the U.S. are extroverts and about 50 percent are introverts. Introverts occupy very different environments. The secret is to find out what you excel in and make that YOU.

ElmersTrueLove
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2024, 11:08 am

I love the emotes

Here's one that I can also get on Gboard:

/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

MoeTrashPanda
Raven
Raven

08 May 2024, 12:04 pm

Fenn wrote:
Henlo! Welcome to the forum! It's great to hear that you found us while exploring topics related to autism. Feel free to ask any questions or share your experiences here. As for book recommendations, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon might interest you. Enjoy your time here!

Thank you very much!!

That book looks very interesting to me--I found it in my Library app and put it on hold! It's a couple weeks wait =). I will update you when I get to reading/listening to it!! !

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

MoeTrashPanda
Raven
Raven

08 May 2024, 12:08 pm

jimmy m wrote:
MoeTrashPanda wrote:
It's pretty rough out there trying to exist in an office ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ. I just want to make my moneyz and go home! Our office constantly has parties and social gatherings that are an introvert's nightmare.

What worked for me is to exist as 2 beings. One is my work being and the other is my home being. They are very different people. It is like living as Peter Pan. He exist in two very different worlds and travels freely between them.

One thing to know. About 50 percent of the people in the U.S. are extroverts and about 50 percent are introverts. Introverts occupy very different environments. The secret is to find out what you excel in and make that YOU.

That is very very helpful advice! Is it almost like you are masking your true self at work, or is this just a different version of your true self? I try to stay authentic and not mask, but sometimes it is difficult not to mask when people talk at me. I will try to separate myself into work raccoon, and feral home raccoon.

I have been able to find a couple other introverts at work, thankfully! Your advice is very much appreciated. Thanks again for your response!! ᵔᴥᵔ

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

MoeTrashPanda
Raven
Raven

08 May 2024, 12:09 pm

ElmersTrueLove wrote:
I love the emotes

Here's one that I can also get on Gboard:

/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\

CUUUTE! I find my emotes by searching "Bear kaomojis" https://emojicombos.com/cute-bear-kaomoji

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 3:52 pm

MoeTrashPanda wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
Hmmm...spooky/romance/fantasy book recommendations...not my genre but here:

<=>The Exorcist is incredibly good...I think it is markedly better than The Exorcist

Great recommendation! Thank you for the warm welcome. I will definitely be reading that book, because I have always been intrigued by that story! :cat:
Note: It's just spooky/fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 4:01 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Hokulea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2024, 4:23 pm

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 3:56 pm

welcome, glad you found us!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 3:35 pm

MoeTrashPanda wrote:
That is very very helpful advice! Is it almost like you are masking your true self at work, or is this just a different version of your true self? I try to stay authentic and not mask, but sometimes it is difficult not to mask when people talk at me. I will try to separate myself into work raccoon, and feral home raccoon.

I have been able to find a couple other introverts at work, thankfully! Your advice is very much appreciated. Thanks again for your response!! ᵔᴥᵔ

It is a little hard to explain but I have created two entirely different worlds. One exist in work and the other in home. In some ways they are two different people but they are also the same person. When I go to work, I work as hard as I can and perform the best I can but without harming my Aspie qualities. At work I can perform functions that others are unable to perform. This is because I have a very high level of accuracy in decision making. I have very high problem solving abilities. But at home, I have so much energy that I perform things that others may only dream about. I have constructed my own home from scratch, piece by piece. It is a one of a kind home. I found a girl on the other side of the world who did not even speak my language and we married. This year we will celebrate our 50 year wedding anniversary. I raised my children like we existed in a hidden world. Life was always an adventure.

MoeTrashPanda
Raven
Raven

14 May 2024, 9:52 am

autisticelders wrote:
welcome, glad you found us!

Thank you! I read some of your blog, and it really struck home for me as someone who realized my neurodiversity as an adult (young adult). Thanks for being a great resource for fellow autistic adults!

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ

MoeTrashPanda
Raven
Raven

14 May 2024, 9:53 am

jimmy m wrote:
MoeTrashPanda wrote:

It is a little hard to explain but I have created two entirely different worlds. One exist in work and the other in home. In some ways they are two different people but they are also the same person. When I go to work, I work as hard as I can and perform the best I can but without harming my Aspie qualities. At work I can perform functions that others are unable to perform. This is because I have a very high level of accuracy in decision making. I have very high problem solving abilities. But at home, I have so much energy that I perform things that others may only dream about. I have constructed my own home from scratch, piece by piece. It is a one of a kind home. I found a girl on the other side of the world who did not even speak my language and we married. This year we will celebrate our 50 year wedding anniversary. I raised my children like we existed in a hidden world. Life was always an adventure.

That makes total sense! I will try to separate myself when at work and home. Congratulations on the successful, long marriage! =) That's a wonderful life story, and piece of advice!

ʕ◉ᴥ◉ʔ