Russia Ready To Launch Offensive on NATO Country - Poland

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 7:02 am

Newsweek

Quote:
The head of Polish military counterintelligence has warned that Russian President Vladimir Putin is already prepared for a small operation against NATO frontier states in northeastern Europe, as the alliance seeks to deter aggression from Moscow while bolstering Ukraine against the ongoing Russian invasion.

"Putin is certainly already prepared for some mini-operation against one of the Baltic countries," Jarosław Stróżyk, who was appointed to lead the Polish military counterintelligence service in March—told the Dziennik Gazeta Prawna publication.

The Russian leader, he added, would be ready "to enter the famous Narva" border town along the Estonian-Russian frontier, "or to land on one of the Swedish islands."

Stróżyk suggested the Kremlin's revanchist goals have been somewhat checked by the NATO response to its war on Ukraine. "What the West is doing together to support Ukraine shows him that in the event of an attack on NATO, the Western response would be even greater," the spy chief said.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman